You may well have just gone through the motions when it came to learning how to make out in high school. Some experiences were probably better than others as you fumbled around exploring with your crush.
And while we imagine those making out experiences were probably not as good as the red-hot lovemaking sessions you’ve had as you’ve progressed through to adulthood, there is something sexy about getting full on into a making out session – adult style!
If you learn how to make out consciously, intentionally moving, breathing and touching in all the right places, and learning how to make out in a way that will have your spouse replaying the memory for weeks to come, even if you are now married, you’ll find that you might just turn up the dial on your sex life a notch or two and all because of a lingering kiss.
It’s all too easy to forget to put an effort in the simple things, especially if you’ve been married for a while but it only takes a little bit of intense tongue action along with some seemingly talented moves to get your spouse in the mood.
Here’s our guide to help you re-learn how to make out adult style:
1. Focus on the angles
It’s an interesting observation to make but how you angle your bodies makes all of the difference when you are making out.
Angles can really create different vibes and take your making out sessions to different heights and influence different moves and so it’s one of the first factors to learn if you are going to learn how to make out sexy style!
- Sit on his lap and wrap your legs around him.
- Straddle over him or her, so you are kissing from above.
- Stand up
- Use prop such as steps, or have one of you sit on the kitchen counter.
- Lie down in a spooning position.
2. Focus on your lover’s breath
Senses can heighten and be heightened, but a frequently overlooked technique for learning how to make out is to pay attention to your partner’s breath as they lean in to make out with you.
It’s intensely sensual to feel your partner’s breath on your mouth especially if they practice good oral hygiene!
To do it try brushing your lips lightly against your partners and take in the sensation of his breathing as it lingers on your skin.
3. Shake things up
Switch up your approach, to making out.
Change the way you move your mouth, your tongue, the angles and how you let your partner feel your breath. Use your partner’s tongue to demonstrate what you will do in other erroneous places and don’t forget a nibble or two, especially on the lower lip!
Just don’t do all of these things in one making out session and you’ll have lots of inspiration and ways to keep things fresh which will keep your partner guessing and build excitement as you start to introduce steamier making out sessions into your sex life.
4. Get into the moment
When you are kissing, don’t just focus on the lips, invest in getting lost in the moment and the movement of you both together.
Here are some fun techniques to add some extra layers to your kiss:
- Make it deep and meaningful by placing your hand on your partner’s heart and kiss in time with his heartbeat, gently move your hips in time too, and you’ll soon be swept away.
- Play with his or her fingers as you kiss sexually.
- Rub and grab or touch sensually parts of your spouse that are intimate yet often missed such as their inner thighs, or the curves under their arms, or the backs of their upper arms
- Drag your fingers through your partner’s hair and lightly tug it.
5. Introduce full body contact
Getting in sync with each other’s bodies is a fast track to increase arousal, especially when you align your groin against theirs.
There are plenty of different techniques you can use to bring some full body contact into your making out session.
- While your groins are locked together pulsate or grind to enhance the sensation.
- Straddle your partner and be sure to kiss other parts of their body.
- Start to unbutton some of their clothes but not all.
- Touch or stroke yourself where you’d like them to touch or stroke you in full view of your partner.
- Simulate sex, yes, we know dry humping is a teenage thing, but seriously there’s something about simulating sex that makes doing it way more enhanced.
- Put your lips everywhere.
Finally, don’t forget the eye contact and a few not so sweet nothings to spice things up and if you do this, you’ll soon see what an investment it is to learn how to make out adult style!
Want to have a happier, healthier marriage?
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.