You may be in a relationship and feel like things have not been going well for a while. Although you may have tried other options, you may start to wonder, “Do we need couples counseling?”. Even though it may be stigmatized by many people, therapy leads to insightful solutions in stuck situations. Couples counseling is not an exception, as both partners have a safe place to share their experiences and go through their issues. If you wonder if you may need professional help with your relationship, take the quiz and find out.
1. Do you lack sexual and emotional intimacy in your relationship?
A. No, our connection is just as strong
B. Yes, I can feel that sometimes
C. Yes, I can feel that all the time
2. How often do you talk to each other?
A. We do it whenever we have the chance, we enjoy sharing and discussing different topics
B. We do not do it that often recently, and we seem more distant than usual
C. We rarely ever speak about ourselves or life, and seem to not want to do it anymore
3. Are you afraid to bring up certain topics because an argument may blow up?
A. No, we talk openly about just anything
B. A bit, we seem to get irritated by one another more easily
C. Yes, I rarely say anything about that subject to avoid a scandal
4. Do you or your partner keep secrets about important areas of your life?
5. Is either of you dishonest about the finances in the relationship?
B. I have my suspicions
6. When things go wrong, who do you rely on?
A. My partner
B. Before it was my partner, but I feel like I cannot trust them anymore
C. People outside the relationship – I do not trust my partner
7. Do you catch yourself thinking about having an affair?
A. No, as far as I know
B. Yes, such thoughts often come to mind
C. Yes, I have been considering that for a while
8. How do you spend your free time?
A. We try to adjust our schedules to do stuff together
B. We rarely spend time together or at home
C. We have had our separate lives since a long time ago
9. Do arguments tend to get repeated in time, and always seem to remain unresolved?
10. Do you feel constantly resentful towards your partner?
A. No, I am calm towards them even if we have fought
B. Recently, I can feel it more strongly
C. Yes, and it has been like that for a while