Just like the branches of a tree, relationships also break and regrow if there is enough nourishment. And if you are in such a crisis, you can always plan to work things out. If nothing works after your sincere tries, then it is healthy to move on. It’s easier said than done, but parting ways is a much better solution than hating each other every day. And some time apart could also provide a new perspective to the partners. If you are in a fix right now, take this is your relationship in crisis quiz and put your anxiety aside for some time.
1. How do you generally feel these days?
2. How does your partner feel these days?
A. They have become really quiet
B. They seem happy
3. Have either of you been avoiding each other or deflecting heavy conversations?
A. Yes, it has been like that for a long time now
B. We don’t avoid each other, but our talks are usually superficial
C. We have a good connect, it is just not working at the moment
4. Have there been any uncivilised conversations or arguments lately?
A. Yes, a very heated debate more than a discussion
B. No, but we both feel out of energy for each other
C. Yes, but I am sure we will figure this out
5. Have you been sharing more with your friends than your partner?
A. Lately, yes
B. No, I haven’t been sharing more with my friends
C. Maybe just a tad bit more
6. Are they sharing the load domestic chores with you, whenever they are around?
A. Yes, they do
B. Not anymore
C. Sometimes if we haven’t fought
7. Are they good to your friends or family?
A. Yes, they are
B. They are moody
C. Absolutely not
8. What is the one thing that you would like your partner to stop doing right away?
A. Nagging me
B. Being over critical
C. Being sexist
9. Do you see yourself more liberated without the shackles of your current relationship?
A. To be honest, I do
B. I cannot see myself happy without them
C. I haven’t really thought about it, but I must
10. What is the current state of your relationship?
A. Cold war