You may be sitting here wondering what type of boyfriend you are. It’s important to know what you come off as and what you can do about it. Once you know the type of boyfriend you are, you will be able to understand what your strong qualities are as a boyfriend and what are some areas where you can improve.
There are broadly four main boyfriend types, and we will check which one fits you better through our boyfriend type quiz.
1. When you see your girl talking to someone, do you step in?
A. Nah, she’s fine
B. Yeah, who's she talking to?
C. I don’t care; she’s paying the rent anyways
D. No I’m talking to someone else myself
2. When you go out do you flirt with the waitress?
A. Of course not!
B. No I’m worried that she will
C. No I’m just waiting for the meal she paid for
D. Yeah, I do that
3. Do you take the relationship seriously?
A. Yeah I want what's best for us
B. Yeah, to the point where I step in to protect them
C. Not really
D. Sometimes I do, but it’s hard not to flirt
4. Are you nice to your partner in public?
A. All the time
B. Yeah and I don’t want anyone stepping in
C. I’m usually just waiting to pay for something
D. Sometimes I catch myself flirting with others instead of them
5. Do you respect what they want?
A. I know what’s best for them
B. Yeah I know they’re going to do the right thing
C. Sometimes I don’t
D. I do if I get something out of it
6. What’s the purpose of your relationship?
A. To do what’s best for my partner; for us
B. To always make sure that they’re focused on me
C. To have my own benefits taken care of
D. To have someone to come back to, even if I do flirt
7. If your partner tells you to stop flirting with someone, do you?
A. Of course
B. I want them to stop flirting, too
C. Only if they pay for something or I get something out of it
D. It’s so hard
8. Do you miss your partner when they are not around?
A. I get extremely jealous
B. Yes, but I understand that we can’t be together all the time
C. I’m comfortable as long as they take care of my needs
D. No, I hang out with others and fun
9. Do you buy your partner flowers or gifts?
A. Yes, I want them to know that I’m the best guy for them
B. Yes, I want to make them feel special
C. No, I don’t like wasting my money on this
D. I like buying flowers for many people
10. Does your partner feel comfortable sharing their secrets with you?
A. No, they seem afraid of my reaction
B. Yes, I try to a safe space for them
C. No, they know they have to be strong for me
D. No, they don’t feel secure about my commitment to them
11. Who ends up paying for the things when you go out on dates or vacations?
A. I try to do it because I don’t want to look bad
B. Whatever my partner is comfortable with
C. They do
D. It doesn’t matter as long as we have fun
12. Do you often feel that you end up giving more in relationships than your partner?
A. I expect equal commitment from my partner
B. Yes, this is true
C. No, I ensure that this doesn’t happen
D. No, I try to take things easy
13. Do you struggle with resolving arguments?
A. Yeah, totally!
B. I usually let them get her way because I get something
C. No we figure it out
D. Yes, other than talking to attractive people. It’s so hard
14. Do you shower your partner with affection?
A. Yeah and I want them to pay attention to me
B. Yeah, sometimes too much
C. Not as much
D. I shower lot many people with affection
15. Do you answer texts back reasonably?
A. Well, they must do the same!
B. Yeah, I always make sure
C. Only if I’m getting something from it
D. Not as often as I should