Telling someone that you love them could be very scary, especially if you aren't sure if it is the right time to do so. Saying "I love you" for the first time could be a wonderful experience, but it could also be a disappointing experience if your partner isn't ready yet. Just because you are ready to express your love doesn't necessarily mean that he is ready too. However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't really care about you or even that he doesn't love you, but everyone goes at their own pace, and we need to be respectful of that and understanding if they need a little more time. If you have spent time wondering, “when should I tell him I love him,” don’t worry. Take this quiz to find out!
1. How long have you been seeing each other?
A. More than 2 months
B. Less than a month
C. 1-2 months
2. Do you feel like your feelings are so strong you can’t hold it in anymore?
A. Not really
3. Have you had sex?
C. Only a few times
4. Have you talked about commitment?
A. Yes, we are both on the same page
B. Not yet
C. Somewhat, but nothing definitive
5. Have you had your first big argument?
C. A small argument but nothing major
6. Have you been exclusively seeing each other and you are sure he is not seeing anyone else?
A. I am not sure
B. No, we haven’t talked about that
C. Yes, we are exclusive for sure
7. Have you met his friends and he has met yours?
A. Yes, numerous times
B. Once or twice
C. Not yet
8. Have you talked about your future and are you sure your plans match his?
A. Yes, definitely
B. We have talked, but our plans are somewhat different
C. Not really
9. Do you think you are ready to tell him that you love him?
B. Not really
C. I don’t know
10. How many dates have you been on?
A. More than 5
B. 1 or 2