It is clear that among those you talk to every day, some are shy, some are assertive, and some know how to put their thoughts across. Communication depends on how these people perceive and carry themselves and how they impact others with the delivery of their message.
Your behavior or character can make or break you as what really counts is how people remember you. Your communication style can positively or negatively impact all relationships and aspects of your life.
So, if you are wondering what is your communication style, take this quiz and find out.
1. Do people see you as an elder sibling figure in their life?
A. No, they act like I am their younger sibling
B. Yes, they respect me a lot
D. I wish they did
2. Do people see you as an inspiration?
B. I don’t care about these things
C. I want to be an inspiration to others
3. Do people find you too aggressive?
A. People find me to be passive-aggressive
B. Only when it is required
C. Yes, they do
4. If you have a problem with someone, how do you resolve it?
A. I learn to live with it
B. I let them know directly what is bothering me
C. I pass a few comments to convey my displeasure
D. If it is important, I have an open discussion with them
5. Do people around you often come to you for advice?
A. Yes, they do that all the time
B. Yes, but only when something is really important
C. No, they don’t
D. They share their problems but they don’t expect solutions from me
6. Do you try to use diplomats language to convey your thoughts and opinions?
A. Yes, I do that all the time
B. Why should I do that
C. I don’t like sharing conflicting opinions at all
D. Only when necessary as I prefer being direct
7. Are you comfortable being in a leadership position?
A. Yes, I prefer leading
B. Of course
C. Only when I know what I am doing
D. No, not at all
8. Do you like talking to others?
A. Yes, but only when they are up to my level of intelligence
B. Yes, when they don’t mind taking my lead
C. Yes, I love understanding other people’s point of view
D. No, I hate when others force their opinions on you
9. How many friends do you have?
C. More than two
D. I have none as others often ridicule me
10. Do you think people like you?
A. I don’t care whether they like me
B. Yes, I want to believe that people like me
C. Yes, most people do
D. I think they hate me very much
11. Do you think people worship you?
C. I suspect they do
D. Why would anyone do that
12. Do you think people fear you?
A. Yes, kind of
B. No, not at all
C. Why would they fear me?
D. Yes, and that helps me get my way
13. Do people often make jokes about you?
A. Yes, all the time
C. Not really
14. Do people follow your directions?
A. Yes, I make sure that they do
B. No, they never do that
C. I make sure that others understand my reasons first
D. Yes, of course
15. Do people see you as a leader?
A. Yes, they do
B. I want to believe that they do
C. No, they don't
D. Yes, and they always come to me for advice