Have you ever felt that you have trouble talking about your feelings with the one you love? Or about how your day was? You are not the only one. Many couples deal with the same problem.
Take this How Often Do You Communicate With Your Partner quiz to find out how often and how effectively you communicate with your partner.
1. How often do you talk about pleasant moments with your partner?
A. Every time they happen
B. Once a day
C. Once a week
2. Are you good at listening to your partner?
A. Yes, I am an active listener
B. More or less
C. Not really
D. No, I interrupt them all the time
3. Do you assume you know the answer when you ask a question to your partner?
A. Never, and I am all ears
C. Most times
D. Every time
4. How often do you do housework together?
A. Every time our place needs cleaning
5. Do you both give each other an opportunity to speak?
A. All the time
B. Yes, we take turns
D. I don't think so. We just speak what’s on our mind
6. Do either of you get defensive or withdraw from the conversation?
C. Yes, sometimes
D. Both of us do
7. You go out for dinner together. How do you behave?
A. We just enjoy the moment and do some small talk
B. We talk about some issues we didn’t have time to discuss lately
C. We focus on the eating rather than on having a talk
D. We spend dinner talking on the phone
8. Do you both ask questions and discuss the problem?
A. I do
B. We both do it
9. It is important to make your partner feel appreciated and acknowledged. Do you both do that?
A. I do
B. We both do
10. Do you both base your conversations based on assumptions about the other person or a particular situation?
A. I don't
B. We both don't
11. You are away from your partner for a few days. How often do you call them?
A. Several times a day
B. Two times a day
C. Once a day
D. Once for the entire period or never
12. Do you avoid conversation if you two have had an argument?
13. How important is small talk in your relationship?
A. Very important because it improves our emotional bond
B. Pretty important
C. We tend to neglect it sometimes
D. Small talk is a waste of time
14. You’ve had a bad day at work. Who do you talk to about it?
A. My partner, of course
B. My partner, but not necessarily
C. My friends and family
15. What do you do before going to bed?
A. Talk about how our day was
B. Talk about some important issues that need to be solved
C. Watch a movie together and comment on it
D. Ignore each other