1. You have just met someone with a completely different point of view than you, what do you think of them?
A. I don’t get them at all.
B. I understand that they are different and a bit about why, but I don’t fully see their side.
C. I totally get where they are coming from even if they can’t fully articulate it, that doesn’t mean I necessarily change, but I can understand
2. Have you ever been publicly overwhelmed by emotions without warning?
A. Yes, I find myself suddenly crying in public and I can’t pinpoint why.
B. That would be weird, absolutely not
C. I might feel something suddenly, but I’m quickly able to suppress it before I express it.
3. Can you tell when someone is lying?
B. Almost never
C. Sometimes I get an inkling, but I’m not sure.
4. Do some people just totally drain you?
A. Not really, I find myself really energized around others
B. Not totally, I don’t let it get that bad, but I have to be aware with some people
C. Yes, sometimes I’m with a person and I need to just leave and take a long nap no matter the time of day.
5. A new person enters the room, their eyes are downcast and their arms are crossed over their body, what do you do?
A. Nothing, I probably don’t even notice them.
B. I notice them and clock that they might be a bit upset, but I temper my response, I don’t need to get involved.
C. Oh no! I hope they are okay, I wonder if I should go check in on them, maybe I will, but I can ease into it.
6. You walk into a kinda dirty, dark grimy dive bar. What is your reaction?
A. I need to leave this is a bit overwhelming, I don’t like the vibe
B. This is little gross, but I’m here to meet friends, I’ll get used to it
C. I love dive bars
7. Do you love to spend time in nature?
A. I like a good hike now and then, nature can be very rejuvenating.
B. I wouldn’t say I love it so much as I NEED it, I have to surround myself with beauty sometimes
C. I’d prefer a crowded city street
8. You see an adorable baby in public, how do you react?
A. OHHHHH MYYYYY GAWWWWWDDD!!! A BABY!!! AHHH!!!! SOOOOO CUTEEEE! I can’t take my eyes away.
B. I don’t really notice, I don’t get babies
C. Oh, that’s cute, but I’m not gonna make a big deal, it might make the caretakers uncomfortable.
9. There is a horrific story on the news, how does it affect you?
A. It’s news, I just watch it
B. If it’s really horrific I might be affected some, but I will get through it quickly
C. Sometimes it can ruin my day
10. Your friend is having a problem, who do they turn to?
A. Absolutely, I’m always the first person a friend comes to.
B. Definitely not me
C. Sometimes me, but not all my friends all the time