1. What is your emotional state during an argument?
A. I am calm
B. I am a bit troubled
C. I am irritated
D. I am angry
2. Do you feel you share the same love language?
A. Yes, absolutely
B. Mostly yes
C. Not really
D. Not at all
3. Does your partner accept influence from you?
A. Yes, we are able to influence one another
B. Yes, sometimes
C. Not really
D. No, my partner would not even move a box if I asked
4. Do you find it hard to apologize to your partner?
A. Not at all
B. Not really
C. Sometimes yes
D. Yes, and I rarely do it
E. Option 5
5. What do you focus on during an argument?
A. On the common ground
B. On each other's feelings
C. On my opinion and my partner on theirs
D. On defeating my partner
6. Do you feel understood by your partner?
A. Yes, most times
7. How often do you interrupt your partner?
D. All the time
8. What do you consider a good method for improving couple connection?
A. Physical intimacy, not necessarily sexual
B. Shared activities
C. Going out with friends
D. Communicating more with each other
9. Which of the following statements is specific to your couple communication?
A. I need more help with taking out the trash; do you have any idea on how we could do this?
B. It would be great if you could help me with taking out the trash
C. Please take the trash out!
D. I wonder if you'll ever take out the trash without me asking?
10. How do you express criticism towards your partner?
A. By talking about their negative behaviors
B. By becoming more reserved
C. By scolding them
D. Through insults and eye-rolling