Toxic traits can be defined as habits that drive others away. Habits such as addiction to coffee, fats, sugar, and nicotine, can be brought under control, and you can lead a healthy life with your partner. But harmful habits or behaviors such as violence, drug abuse, narcissism, sexism, racism, and others do not come with a repair manual. These behaviors are not just toxic to your close ones but also to society. If you think some or a few of your traits bother people around you, then before calling them toxic, you must get some counseling or introspect deeply in a peaceful space. You can begin by listing out habits that have received negative feedback from people around you. Then take this ‘Toxic Trait Quiz: What's Your Most Toxic Trait?’ quiz to find out which habits of yours need some amendment.
1. Do you usually use ‘I,’ or ‘me’ more than ‘us,’ or ‘we’ in conversation with your partner or good friends?
A. I think I do that a lot
B. No, I like thinking about both sides
C. Friends, sometimes, but not with my partner
D. I do not think there is anything wrong in putting my needs first
2. Do you disapprove of people who do not follow their society-defined gender roles?
A. Yes, I do
B. No, I am quite gender-neutral
C. I think people should know their place without being told
D. I don’t hold biases, but I think some jobs are gender-specific
3. Are you proud of what you have achieved so far in life?
A. I think learning is a lifelong process
B. I think I have done better than my best
C. I do not think many people can do what I have been able to
D. I feel blessed and proud of my success
4. Do you think your resume talks about the best of your abilities?
A. Yes, I think so
B. I am really proud of my resume
C. Compared to my counterparts, I have a really posh CV
D. I think they will know me better if they meet me in person
5. Do you ever talk about your struggle in achieving success based on your talents?
A. Yes, I talk about it a lot
B. Sometimes, whenever I get an opportunity
C. No, I do not
D. Not to friends, but I talk about it with my partner
6. How do you feel when someone criticizes you?
A. It depends on who is criticizing me
B. I break into pieces
C. I try to be constructive about the criticism
D. I get uncontrollably upset
7. Do you sometimes pass sexist, misogynistic, racist, or any unpleasant comments around people from different cultures?
A. No, I can never do that
B. Yes, sometimes
C. Only when the situation demands
D. I do not like people creeping into my space
8. Do you lead a healthy and active lifestyle?
A. Yes, absolutely
B. No, but I envy others who are fit
C. I have become really passive
D. I am too preoccupied to think about exercise
9. Have you recently isolated yourself from friends and family?
A. Yes, I have
B. No, but I might
C. No, I will not do that
D. They are not worth my time
10. Are the children around you picking up some habits of yours that their accompanying adults dislike?
A. Yes, I think so
B. I am well-behaved in front of children
C. They have started copying me
D. They mock me cruelly for some of my habits