It’s no secret that usually, one of the partners is either the dominant or the submissive one when it comes to relationships. All it takes is to pay attention to who has the last word and which partner dictates the mood around the room when people surround them. It may sound strange to many, but both personalities are essential in making a relationship work. Are you submissive or dominant in your relationship? Take our quiz and find out now.
1. Does your partner have all your bank codes?
B. Only a few
D. Only 1
2. Would you do anything to please your partner no matter what?
C. Just a little bit
D. As long as they are happy about it
3. Who usually apologizes first after a fight?
A. I apologize first whenever my partner gets mad at me
B. Whoever makes the mistakes apologizes first with earnestness
C. My partner usually apologizes as it is often their mistake
D. I apologize because I don’t think conflicts are great for a relationship - P4
4. Who made the first move in your relationship?
A. I did
B. They did
C. We both gradually acknowledged our mutual attraction to each other
D. I couldn’t deny things when I saw them in vulnerable/hurt/in pain
5. Do people outside of your relationship think that you are being abused by your partner?
C. You don't know
D. You don't think so
6. What is your strongest trait?
C. Collaborative spirit
7. Do you feel overwhelmed by your partner’s authority on you?
B. No, not at all
D. Not really
8. Who plans date nights in your relationship?
A. I do
B. They do
C. We both take turns
D. I let them take the lead as I want them to have a good time
9. Do you like it when no one is superior to the other in a couple?
A. Yes, absolutely
B. It’s hard to tell who is superior because it’s all about nurturing each other's dreams
C. I think that one of us should be superior to the other
D. I like to be in control
10. Do you feel comfortable letting your partner take the lead during sex and intimate moments?
A. Yes, totally
B. No, I like to be the one in control
D. I prefer when we both equally have a say in our intimate moments
11. Does your partner need more nurturing than dominance?
C. No, they need more guidance
D. They need both
12. Are you submissive because you are in love with your partner?
B. Not really
C. I am submissive because I want them to feel comfortable
D. No, I do that because I am nurturing
13. Do you make all the decisions in your relationship?
A. Yes, because you are the strongest one in the relationship
B. No, I let your partner make most of the decisions
C. It’s 50/50 most of the time
D. Yes, but only after I’ve talked about it with your partner
14. Are you submissive because you don’t want to lose your partner?
A. It's possible
B. I don't know
C. No, I’m not submissive, to begin with
D. No, not at all
15. Do you feel like you always have to say yes to your partner because you are scared of the consequences?
D. There are no terrible consequences because we communicate a lot with each other