Quotations are always a good way for expressing love in just few words. Most wedding quotes have been quoted by famous authors, poets and other figures we know. We have chosen five marriage quotes and sayings which are an amalgamation of romance, humor and inspiration.
Read on these five great marriage quotes that will surely make you believe in love, all over again.
1. Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh everyday. Ah, now this is a treat. – Joanne Woodward
Marriage is a union of two souls; it all starts with who we marry, who are they in the inside and not what they look like outside. Beauty might bring you together but it is the care they show for each other that keeps you united together. Remember, marriage is for a lifetime; but beauty will fade in time. To have and cherish a partner who can look beyond the beautiful is definitely a treat!
2. ‘A good marriage is where both people feel like they’re getting the better end of the deal. –Anne Lamott
The very point of a marriage means you can return to your spouse after a hectic day at work and re-energize yourself. A good marriage includes a meaningful exchange of thoughts, feelings and even anxieties. In a healthy relationship, both partners need to feel that they are being valued, respected and appreciated for who they are.
3. A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. – Andre Maurois
As a power couple, improve and work on your relationship so much that you can’t get enough of each other. Go on hikes, enjoy a budget weekend, cook meals together, go skiing – the works! Marriage has no expiry dates; do everything to understand and appreciate each other a little more than you did previously. It will work wonders!
4. “Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.” —Ogden Nash
For women, remembering special events is a must. But that is not the case with men. You must always be ready for a little bit of give and take in a marriage. Laugh out loud that he can never remember dates; or be the one to make those dates all the more special. Appreciate each other’s quirks. You can even take help of smart innovations on your calendars and smartphones to help you both remember.
5. “All that a husband or wife really wants is to be pitied a little, praised a little, and appreciated a little.” – Oliver Goldsmith
He loves a little foot rub after work, and she loves when she gets to control the remote control for a bit. These are little things, but those little things add up. Power couples notice things about each other and then do something about it.