What do you need emotionally in a relationship? Do you know your emotional needs? Every relationship is different, and every person is unique. You have to know what you need out of a relationship. If you are wondering about your emotional needs, take our quiz “What are my emotional needs?”rnIt will help you define what qualities you need out of a relationship to be successful for you and your partner.
1. What is the most important quality of a relationship?
2. Is your partner affectionate enough?
A. Yes, they are very affectionate
B. I wish they were more affectionate
C. They show me enough affection
3. If you could change one thing about your partner, what would it be?
A. More responsible financially
B. Shows more affection and surprises me with gifts and flowers
C. They would communicate their feelings
4. When you have a problem, how does your partner support you?
A. He helps me make a plan of action
B. He comforts me, and we talk it through
C. We talk about it, and he helps me strategize
5. Do you get hurt easily?
A. Yes, I am very sensitive
B. Yes, I care how others perceive me
C. Not really, I can work through my emotions
6. Do you expect your partner to fill all of your emotional needs?
A. No, I need to support myself
B. Yes, I rely on them for most things
C. Sometimes, I try and maintain a balance
7. What do you want your partner to do when you become upset or cry?
A. Comfort and calm me
B. Give me space to heal
C. Talk it out with me
8. If you are mad at a friend, what do you want your partner to do?
A. Agree with me whether I’m right or wrong
B. Help mediate between my friend and me
C. Help me understand the situation
9. Do you ask for help when you need it?
A. Yes, I don’t want to do it alone
B. Yes, I need to talk out my problems
C. No, I can figure it out on my own
10. Is your partner fulfilling your needs?
A. No, I need more from my partner
B. Yes, they support and love me deeply
C. Yes, they connect with me