Emotional intimacy is one of the most important aspects of a relationship. Apart from being physically intimate, it is important that the couple is emotionally intimate as well where they share everything, have love and trust amongst them and find themselves in a secure relationship.
It is important for any couple to have emotional intimacy in order to have a happy marriage.
It is said, according to experts, that one of the best ways to develop emotional intimacy is by asking questions.
Emotional intimacy questions help you take a look at their perspectives, needs and learn about them at a deeper level.
Listed down below are the top 21 questions that a spouse can ask their partner in order to build intimacy.
1. What first attracted you to me?
This is a great way to rekindle the heat in your relationship. The feeling of being in a new relationship can be revived by asking this question as it would remind the partner of what they liked the most about you when they first met you.
2. What is your favorite memory of us?
Trips down memory lane are great to strengthen the relationship as it allows both of you to take a look at all the happy times you have spent together. It may also encourage the two of you to think of a future together.
3. What is the last thing I did for you that you enjoyed?
This question can help you know what makes your partner happy and you can do more of it. Moreover, it may also give your partner a chance to acknowledge your efforts if they hadn’t previously.
4. When was the moment that you knew I was the one?
A question that makes both of you think of that special moment that you shared and when your partner fell for you.
5. What was the impression when you first met me?
Knowing what someone first thought of you is a great way to see how good were they able to read you and if not, how much of a change were you able to bring to their opinion about you.
6. What were you like as a child?
This question can encourage the exchange of fun childhood stories. People tend to spend hours talking about this subject, laughing and building a stronger a bond.
7. If given the chance, what is that you want to do the most?
Learning about your partner’s passion and goals is important and once you know about them, you can even help them work towards them.
8. If you could take anyone for dinner, who would it be and why?
This may not seem like an emotional intimacy question but in reality, it is, as it allows you to know about the people your partner sees as ideals and for inspiration.
9. What do you think your last partner would say about you if asked?
Through this question, you can analyze what kind of a person your partner is during a relationship.
10. If you are stressed what do you do to make yourself feel better?
With this question, not only can you identify the times when your partner is stressed but also make use of the same ways to help put their worries to rest.
11. Would you rather talk about your problems or wait until they are solved?
It is important for any spouse to know how their partner deals with issues.
12. What is one thing that you like about me the most?
A personality trait or a physical feature, it is always great to know what your lover likes the most about you.
13. What do you think are the three best qualities of you?
Learning what your partner believes are their best qualities helps you also realize them, if you hadn’t previously.
14. What are the top 10 to do things on your bucket list?
Get to know your partner’s life aims and help them fulfill them by asking this question.
15. If given the time and money, what would you want to do with your life?
Your partner’s likes, dislikes and passions are something that you should be aware of. And if you can, help them achieve it!
16. What is something that you cannot live without?
This question reveals what they hold closest to their heart. Respect whatever it is.
17. What do you believe is the best part of our relationship?
Through this question, you can further improve or strengthen the aspect of your relationship that your partner already thinks is the best.
18. Is there something that you would like me to improve?
We all carry flaws and we should try improving ourselves to please the ones we love.
19. What should I never say to you, even when angry?
Setting limits is essential in a relationship to keep it from steering towards the path of failure.
20. Is there anything that you wish to try in the bedroom?
It is always fun to spice things up in the bedroom and doing what your partner likes can really help them see how much you value them.
21. When you think of your future, what do you see?
This is a great question to learn about your partner’s visions and where they eventually want to see this relationship.
Want to have a happier, healthier marriage?
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.