We are all vulnerable beings just trying to make our way through the complex maze of life. It is hard to maintain the right balance with our emotions. However, if you are someone who is finding it hard to cope with the imbalance, you may need some extra care and some rest from the daily stressors. It is fine to admit to yourself that you can not do everything by yourself and let some kind person in to help you get through. Take this ‘Am I Emotionally Damaged’ quiz to know your mental state to get back on track.
1. Do you feel tired even after a good night’s sleep?
A. Yes, most times
B. No, I feel rested
2. Do you find it hard to empathize with people and understand their side of the story?
A. Yes, sometimes
B. No, not really
C. This happens a lot
3. Do you find it difficult to behave appropriately at family gatherings such as funerals or weddings?
A. Yes, I do
B. Sometimes, but I try to stay calm
C. It is hard, but there is no other way
4. Do you sometimes feel calm under pressure?
A. I feel calm under pressure
B. No, I feel optimally stressed under pressure
C. I am better off without stress
5. Do you sometimes feel detached from the people who are closest to you?
A. Yes, I do, and it is hurtful
B. I like maintaining my social connections
C. I prefer it that way
6. Do you have anyone in your life who knows you inside out?
A. Yes, there is
B. No, there can never be such a person in my life
C. I am not sure
7. Are you emotionally available to your partners, friends, or family?
A. Yes, most of the time
B. I think so
C. I am not sure
8. Are you a good listener or a good speaker?
9. How have you been feeling these days?
A. I feel sad
B. I feel anxious
C. I feel fine
10. Have you met or spoken to your friends and family recently?
A. Yes, I have
B. No, I do not feel like talking to people right now
C. I have not, but we all keep in touch