All marriages undergo some crisis sooner or later. From the first fight after your wedding to disputes on what is best for your children, no relationship can escape that.
The question is– How do you know things have gone too far? Take this ‘Is Your Marriage For Keeps quiz’ to find out if your marriage is worth saving. In some cases, people can get back to a fulfilling relationship, and in others, it is better to go separate ways.
1. What do you feel when you remember the good old days?
A. I feel warm and fuzzy
B. I feel nostalgic
C. I feel bitter
D. I feel angry for being such a fool once
2. What is the most important value for you?
B. Romantic love
C. Being happy about myself
D. Money and career
3. Do you two go on dates?
A. Yes, as often as we can
4. Do you share your emotions with your spouse?
A. Yes, it makes me feel safe and comfortable
5. Do you still want to have sex with your spouse?
A. Yes, absolutely
B. Yes, but the conflicts between us prevent me from doing so
D. No, not at all
6. Do you still respect each other?
B. Less than before
C. Not really
D. Not at all
7. Is there any affair involved in your bad situation?
A. No, we haven't cheated on each other
B. Yes, emotional cheating
C. Yes, but it's over
D. Yes, and the cheater doesn't want to put an end to it
8. Do you fantasize about life without your spouse?
A. No, I can't imagine my life without him or her
D. Yes, this is all I want from life
9. Has any form of physical abuse taken place in your marriage?
A. No, not at all
B. No, but we were close
C. Yes, minor
D. Yes, serious
10. Do any of you have a substance abuse problem?
B. No, not at this moment
C. Yes, but he or she is getting help
D. Yes, and he or she is not getting help
11. Do you both still value the sanctity of marriage?
A. Not really. There’s indifference between us
B. There are times when you don’t take into account the bond we share
C. We do but it’s not the same anymore
12. You can’t picture your life without your spouse. True or false?
B. Sometimes, I feel there is someone better out there
C. I don't know
13. The respect and the passion in the marriage is still alive. True or false?
B. I don't feel so often
C. I don't know
14. You can’t share the level of comfort with someone else. True or false?
C. It's just not the same
15. Is there an open line of communication?
A. Not at all
B. We end up fighting
C. Not anymore