You’ve probably heard the term sociopath before. Sometimes, this term describes a difficult or rude person, and other times, it can refer to someone who has a legitimate mental health disorder. If you notice that your wife has difficulty relating to others, you may be interested in our “Is My Wife a Sociopath?” quiz below. While these are not actual examples of a sociopath, this term can be correctly applied to someone who shows signs of antisocial personality disorder, meaning they have no concern for others and no concern for right and wrong.
1. If you confronted your wife about something she did wrong, how likely would she be to react violently?
A. She might yell at me to defend herself, but she would never be physically violent
B. She escalates to violence quickly if she feels threatened; she has even had assault charges against her
C. If she felt the need to defend herself, she wouldn’t hesitate to throw a few punches
2. Would your wife feel guilty for taking $1,000 out of the family bank account and gambling it away without telling you?
A. No. She has even stolen money from multiple family members and shows no remorse
B. She might occasionally take a few dollars out of my wallet and feel entitled to it
C. Yes! She would never, ever do that
3. Does your wife have a hard time keeping jobs?
A. She has occasionally lost a job for failing to follow the rules, but it’s not a regular thing
B. No, she has had a stable job for years
C. Yes, she loses jobs all the time for violating employee code of conduct
4. Has it ever seemed like your wife repeats the same mistakes over and over?
A. She occasionally makes mistakes, just like everyone else
B. She does sometimes repeat the same mistakes
C. She repeatedly makes the same mistakes and sees no wrong in her behavior
5. Has your wife ever been in trouble with the law?
A. She has had repeat criminal offenses
B. Aside from the occasional speeding ticket, she has a clean record
C. She has gotten in trouble a few times for petty theft or driving without a license
6. Does your wife respond well to authority?
A. No. She doesn’t feel the need to listen to authority at all
B. She has had a few squabbles with bosses when she thinks they are wrong, and she really requires authority figures to earn her respect
C. She is able to listen to authority, especially in situations where it counts, like at work
7. How would your wife be likely to respond if someone close to her experienced the death of a loved one?
A. She would show sympathy and send a card
B. She would probably be rather indifferent. She doesn’t show emotion well
C. She would be likely to make a callous remark
8. Is your wife someone you would describe as arrogant?
B. She definitely feels pretty high on herself
C. She’s just as humble as the next person
9. Does your wife have a good sense of right and wrong?
A. Her view is a little skewed
C. Not at all
10. Would you describe your wife as being a risk-taker?
A. No more than the average person
B. She can be a little impulsive at times
C. She is incredibly impulsive and takes serious risks