Got Valentine’s Day, a birthday, an anniversary, or something else to celebrate with your significant other around the corner?
Nothing trumps some beautiful couple intimacy quotes, quotes for intimacy, and quotes about intimacy and passion.
There are some intimacy quotes for him, and some intimacy quotes for her, but all in all, these can be used to really express how you feel. Check out these deep intimacy quotes for couples.
1. “Love is a serious mental illness.” Plato
2. “If you age with somebody, you go through so many roles – you’re lovers, friends, enemies, colleagues, strangers; you’re brother and sister. That’s what intimacy is if you’re with your soulmate.” Cate Blanchett
3. “Intimacy is being seen and known as the person you truly are.” Amy Bloom
4. “Intimacy is being seen and known as the person you truly are.”
5. “If fear is the great enemy of intimacy, love is its true friend.” Henri Nouwen
6. “Real intimacy is only possible to the degree that we can be honest about what we are doing and feeling.” Joyce Brothers
7. “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” Scott Fitzgerald
8. “My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.” Maya Angelou
9. “Passion is the quickest to develop, and the quickest to fade. Intimacy develops more slowly, and commitment more gradually still.” Robert Sternberg
10. “Intimacy doesn’t have all that much to do with back seats of cars. Real intimacy is brushing your teeth together.” Gabrielle Zevin
11. “I wonder if this is how people always get close: They heal each other’s wounds; they repair the broken skin.” Laren Oliver
12. “It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy;—it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others.” Jane Austen
13. “Those who have never known the deep intimacy and the intense companionship of mutual love have missed the best thing that life has to give.” Bertrand Russell
14. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” Ann Landers
15. “Intimacy requires courage because risk is inescapable.” Rollo May
16. “The need for love and intimacy is a fundamental human need, as primal as the need for food, water, and air.” Dean Ornish
17. “The words ‘I Love You’ kill, and resurrect millions, in less than a second.” Aberjhani
18. “Love is beyond sex and physical touch. Love is kind words, a reassuring smile, one that is not jealous and keeps a record of wrongdoings. Love is knowing without a shadow of a doubt that you will always be there for that person and they will always be there for you.”
19. “It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.” John Joseph Powell
20. “I loved you so much once. I did. More than anything in the whole wide world. Imagine that. What a laugh that is now. Can you believe it? We were so intimate once upon a time I can’t believe it now. The memory of being that intimate with somebody. We were so intimate I could puke. I can’t imagine ever being that intimate with somebody else. I haven’t been.” Raymond Carver
21.“He showed me his scars, and in return he let me pretend that I had none.” Madeline Miller
22. “there’s nothing more intimate in life than simply being understood. And understanding someone else.” Brad Meltzer
23. “True love is not a hide and seek game: in true love, both lovers seek each other.” Michael Bassey Johnson
24. “The opposite of Loneliness is not Togetherness, It’s Intimacy” Richard Bach
25. “Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone – and finding that that’s ok with them.” Alin De Bottom
26. “Sex can be wonderful, but sometimes you have to take a step back from it to think if you really love that person or if it is just lust.”
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.
Sylvia Smith loves to share insights on how couples can revitalize their love lives in and out of the bedroom. As a writer at Marriage.com, she is a big believer in living consciously and encourages couples to adopt this principle in their lives too. Sylvia believes that every couple can transform their relationship into a happier, healthier one by taking purposeful and wholehearted action.