1. How often do you tell your spouse what you appreciate about them and their behavior?
A. Every day
C. Maybe once a week
2. How often do you tell your spouse details about your day in the evening?
A. Every day
B. Every few days
C. Once a week
3. How often do you tell your partner what to do or how to do things?
C. Every day
D. For every little thing they do
4. How many times do you fight on a specific topic?
A. Just once
B. A couple of times
C. Multiple times
D. We go over the same topic over and over again
5. How happy you are with the resolution of a disagreement between you two?
A. Very happy
B. Mostly pleased
C. Not very happy
D. Very unhappy
6. Do you listen to your spouse when you are having an argument?
A. I actively listen to them and won't judge them
B. Mostly yes
D. Not really – I’m always trying to determine what they’re doing wrong
7. How good are you at fixing things that go wrong in your marriage?
A. Very good
B. Quite good
C. Moderately good
D. Not very good
8. What do you do when you get very angry and feel like yelling at your partner?
A. I leave the room to cool off
B. I stay and breathe deeply for a few second to calm down
C. I keep arguing
D. I let go and yell at them
9. Do you comfort your partner when they are concerned about something?
B. Most times
10. Can you calm down when you are angry and figure out what the real problem is?
A. Always; I am able to keep my composure
B. Most times, although it is difficult
D. Never, and I just express my negative feelings