1. How often do you tell your spouse what you appreciate about them and their behavior?
A. Every day
C. Maybe once a week
2. How often do you tell your spouse details about your day in the evening?
A. Every day
B. Every few days
C. Once a week
3. How often do you tell your partner what to do or how to do things?
C. Every day
D. For every little thing they do
4. How many times do you fight on a specific topic?
A. Just once
B. A couple of times
C. Multiple times
D. We go over the same topic over and over again
5. Do you include family or friends in your personal issues?
6. How often do you surprise each other?
A. Every few days
B. Every few weeks
C. On occasions
7. Do you support each other in front of others?
8. What do you do when your partner is visibly upset?
A. I talk to them and try to comfort them
B. I give them a hug and ask them to rest
C. I order their favorite snack and play their favorite TV show
D. I let them have their time to get over it
9. Do you help your spouse in household chores?
A. Of course yes
B. Most of the time
C. Only when they ask for help
D. I don't have time for that
10. How happy are you with the resolution of a disagreement between you two?
A. Very happy
B. Mostly pleased
C. Not very happy
D. Very unhappy
11. Do you listen to your spouse when you are having an argument?
A. I actively listen to them and won't judge them
B. Mostly yes
D. Not really – I’m always trying to determine what they’re doing wrong
12. How good are you at fixing things that go wrong in your marriage?
A. Very good
B. Quite good
C. Moderately good
D. Not very good
13. What do you do when you get very angry and feel like yelling at your partner?
A. I leave the room to cool off
B. I stay and breathe deeply for a few seconds to calm down
C. I keep arguing but don’t yell
D. I let go and yell at them
14. Do you comfort your partner when they are concerned about something?
B. Most times
15. Can you calm down when you are angry and figure out what the real problem is?
A. Always; I am able to keep my composure
B. Most times, although it is difficult
D. Never, and I just express my negative feelings