And how does your way of thinking and behaving affect who you find romantically attractive, what you look for in a mate, and how you will get along with a long-term partner? Helen Fisher has a theory called Anatomy of Love Personality, about this disparity in attraction, specifically why some people prefer to find balance with an opposing personality and others believe that birds of a feather flock together.
So, take the What Is Your Anatomy of Love quiz to find out your anatomy of love! Let’s dive in!
1. Do you find it exciting to be in unexpected situations?
C. No, never
D. It gets me everytime
2. Do you make decisions on the spur of the moment?
A. Yes, it’s my thing
B. Sometimes, only when it's necessary
C. No, never
D. If necessary yes, but I usually analyze beforehand
3. Do you get bored when you have to do the same things repeatedly?
A. Yes like everyone
C. No, this is a kind of comfort zone for me
D. It makes no difference; I can adapt to any situation and become accustomed to it
4. Do you have a diverse set of interests?
A. Yes, a lot
B. Just a little
C. No, have not
D. I can always find something to keep busy myself
5. Are you more optimistic than the majority of people?
A. Yes, and I love it
B. Only when it’s necessary
C. No, I’m not
D. It depends on the situation
6. Are you more imaginative than the majority of people?
A. Yes, I usually am
C. No I guess
D. I'm somewhere between both. Whichever works best for me at that moment
7. Do you get restless if you have to stay home with your partner for any length of time?
B. It depends
D. Not sure
8. Would your partners say you are very curious?
A. Yes, all the time
B. Just some of them
C. No, I have never heard of it
D. They're just wondering what's going on inside my head. But I can't use the word "curious" for that
9. On your time off, do you like to be free to do whatever with your partner that looks fun?
A. Yes, of course
B. Not with my partner but yes
C. I’m not sure
D. Sounds great, I’m down
10. Do you have a higher energy level than your partner?
C. No, they have higher energy mostly
D. It may vary depending on who I'm with