They say you shouldn’t mix love with money, but the reality is completely different. Being married means you cannot ignore financial aspects, and not being on the same wavelength when it comes to money can lead to conflicts and disconnection. Getting financial education is vital for all individuals and couples. What about your marriage? Are your finances safe and shipshape or your financial situation is a disaster? Take this quiz to find out!
1. How often do you get into money disputes?
2. Do you hide expenses from your spouse?
B. Rarely, and it's small amounts
3. What do you think about your spouse’s spending habits?
A. They're OK
B. They could be better
C. I am not pleased with them
D. They are awful and will lead to bankruptcy
4. Do you and your spouse have long-term financial plans?
A. Yes, and we know exactly what we want to achieve
B. Yes, but they are a bit vague
C. Not really
D. We don't have any financial plans at all
5. Are you both actively saving for retirement?
B. Only one of us
D. No, and even more, we are in debt
6. Who manages financial affairs in your family?
A. We do it together and even involve kids
B. Both of us
C. Just one of us
7. What is money for you?
A. A way to live a decent life and secure well being
B. Something that needs to be managed carefully
C. A bit of a headache
D. A big problem
8. Do you have a plan in case one of you loses their job?
A. Yes, we can live off of only on one person's income
B. We would find a solution on the spot
C. Not really
D. No, and it would lead to disaster
9. What do you think when your partner brings up the money topic?
A. I was thinking about the same issue!
B. We'll talk about it and do something more pleasant afterwards
C. Oh, not again!
D. Can I just disappear?
10. Do you manage to save money?
A. Yes, we save a large amount of money every month
B. Yes, but not the same amount every month
C. Yes, but not much
D. Not at all