Love. That wonderful feeling makes you look at the world through rose-colored glasses, leaving you feeling all mushy and gooey inside. But over time, those glasses can also turn into blinders that might make you overlook many toxic things in your relationship. Hopefully, this is not the case with you and your partner. But if you find yourself questioning your relationship, it’s time to take a step back from all the sugary sentimental feelings and take a good look at it. Take our ‘Is Your Love Healthy For You Quiz’ and find out whether you’re in a toxic relationship or not.
1. Does your partner like to listen when you have something on your mind?
A. They listen but do not comprehend
B. I feel unheard most of the time
C. My partner always takes out time to hear what I have to say
2. Your partner is supportive of the things that you do?
A. Yes, I always have my partner’s support.
B. No, they are not supportive
C. Sometimes they are supportive
3. How critical is your partner towards you?
A. My partner always highlights my shortcomings
B. I get constructive criticism from my partner when I ask for their opinion
C. They criticise me more often than appreciate me
4. How often do you feel like walking on eggshells around your partner?
A. Sometimes, but not always
B. Never. I speak my mind and so does my partner
C. I have to watch my words around my partner
5. Does your partner humiliate you verbally, physically or mentally?
A. I won’t say humiliate but they can be aggressive sometimes
B. Verbally for sure
C. No. We get mad at each other but we don’t humiliate each other
6. Do you get a say in the most important decisions of both your lives?
A. Yes, we discuss with each other before taking any important decisions
B. Sometimes but not often
C. My partner takes all the decisions of our lives
7. When it comes to sex, do you have a say in it?
A. We do what my partner wants
B. We both like to experiment and have fun
C. Not all the time
8. How important is intimacy in your relationship?
A. It is important but we hardly get time
B. We both ensure that we make time to be close
C. I want to but my partner doesn’t consider it important enough to make time for it
9. As a couple, how often do you guys laugh together?
A. I don’t remember the last time we laughed together
B. We do laugh when you are with others
C. We laugh together all the time
10. How compatible are you together as a couple?
A. We have our differences but we are on the same page most of the time.
B. We don’t have a lot of things in common.
C. I haven’t thought about it but we are okay.