Do you think you are stuck in a relationship wherein your partner tries to control everything you do? If yes, you may try taking this short and simple ‘Is my partner controlling’ quiz.
Patronizing in any relationship is unhealthy and talking about romantic relationships, none of the partners should try to belittle or control the other. If any of the partners begins controlling the other, it usually takes very little time for the relationship to lose its essence and go downhill.
So, take this Is my partner controlling quiz to understand if your partner is controlling or not.
1. Does your partner tend to give unsolicited opinions?
2. Do they check your phone?
3. When it comes to making critical decisions, do they ask for your opinion?
4. Does your partner speak on your behalf?
C. Mostly, yes
5. Do you ever feel suffocated in your relationship?
A. Yes, I do
B. I am not sure, but I do feel this way at times
C. Not at all
6. When it comes to hanging out together, who decides on the location, food, etc.?
A. They always make the decisions
B. Both of us decide mutually
C. It depends; mostly they decide. But, I too make decisions at times
7. Does your partner comment on your choice of friends?
A. They don’t like my friends
B. No, they might not like all my friends. But, my partner doesn’t influence me in this matter
C. Sometimes they do
8. Do you get scared to do anything against your partner’s wishes?
A. Yes, I can’t dare to go against what they say
B. Sometimes, I get scared
C. No, I know that they will understand
9. Does your partner criticize your decisions?
C. No. But, if I go wrong, they will point it out
10. Does your partner support you in the things that interest you?
A. Yes/ Mostly
C. Never/ They don’t even know what interests me