1. What are your goals in a romantic relationship currently?
A. I am just seeing what is out there; I am not sure yet
B. Finding someone I could feel comfortable with and be myself around
C. Just casual dating, nothing serious
D. I would like to find someone to be in a committed relationship with
2. Do you ever have a hard time thinking about your future with someone you are dating?
A. Yes, I don’t really think about that
B. No, not if I am comfortable with them
C. Sometimes, if I am not looking for anything serious
D. No, I just haven’t found a person I could see a future with yet
3. How often do you have doubts or questions about your relationship?
A. Only when I have a reason to
B. Very frequently
D. It often happens if they want to be more serious than me
4. How do you prefer to make plans with someone you are dating?
A. I am terrible at making plans and usually wait until the last minute to solidify plans
B. I prefer to have somewhat of a plan (days & times), but I don’t mind making last-minute plans either
C. Usually, it is in the spur of the moment
D. I like to make plans in advance so I can schedule other things around it
5. Do you ever feel an emotional connection to a person when you are dating them?
A. I am not sure, I don’t think so
B. If it is the right person, yes
C. I have in the past, but I am not looking for that right now
D. Yes, I always try to connect on a deeper level when I am dating someone
6. How do you feel during conversations about commitment or your “future” together?
A. Anxious, uncomfortable, and sometimes trapped
B. It depends if I am ready to take that step or not
C. If I am looking for a long-term commitment, I have no issues with those conversations
D. I enjoy conversations about the future. It makes me feel more secure in a relationship to know the other person is also thinking about the future together
7. How long does it typically take you to respond to calls, texts, or other messages?
A. Probably a few hours or sometimes a day or two if I forget
B. I am usually pretty responsive
C. it depends on what I am doing or how interested I am. It could be minutes or days.
D. If not immediately, it doesn’t take me too long to respond typically. I will respond as soon as I see it.
8. Do you tend to struggle with commitment in other areas of your life, such as your job, education, buying a home, etc.?
9. Has anyone ever accused you of having a fear of commitment?
10. When you do make plans, are you consistent with keeping them?
A. I have to admit that I do cancel plans last minute sometimes or don’t give a definite answer to avoid it
B. Most of the times
C. Sometimes, it depends
D. Yes, I always keep plans that I make or let someone know in advance if something else comes up