1. Which of these is most like how you feel?
A. “I really don’t want a divorce; I hope we can work things out.”
B. “I do not know what I want.”
C. “I want to file for divorce, but I am not sure if I am making the right decision.”
D. “We both know there is no reconciling our differences.”
2. Do you still have feelings for your husband?
A. Yes, I believe it is mutual
B. Yes, but I don’t know if he still does
C. Yes, but I know that he does not/ He has feelings for me, but I feel nothing!
D. No, we both feel nothing for each other
3. Do you and your husband have a true partnership and unified marriage?
A. Yes, I believe we do
B. We do sometimes
C. We are more like two individuals living together and meeting our own needs as opposed to thinking about things in terms of “we” or “us.”
D. No, we have never been truly unified as a couple
4. Do you feel like you are truly ready for divorce, or are you just threatening it?
A. I don’t feel like I am ready
B. I am threatening divorce to try to scare him into making things better/ I don’t know for sure
C. I am threatening divorce out of frustration, but I think he may really want it
D. I think I am ready for divorce finally
5. Is this decision based on careful thought and consideration, or is it an emotional reaction?
A. I think it is just based on emotions right now
B. It is emotional, but I am sure of what I am doing
C. I have considered all my options and think divorce is best for both of us
D. I have prepared myself and feel divorce is the only option
6. Are you at peace with your decision and ready to handle all the messy aspects of divorce?
A. I am definitely not at peace with it; I am still trying to stop it from happening
B. I am not at peace with it or ready for it. I am confused.
C. I am at peace with my decision and hope I can handle it
D. I am prepared to handle whatever comes with this divorce, so I can finally feel happy and free again
7. Does either one of you express feeling like your marriage or love has died?
A. One of us
B. Both of us
C. Not that I am aware of/ Not actually
8. Has either of you hired an attorney?
A. Not that I am aware of
B. We both have mentioned it
C. One of us has
D. Both of us have
9. Do you feel like you are both on the same page regarding your marriage/divorce?
A. I think we both are still trying to work on it
B. Sometimes we are on the same page
C. Not at all; we are never on the same page!
D. I think we both know it is over
10. Have either of you or both of you attended therapy?
A. We are in marriage counseling
B. We both go individually/ We have never tried therapy
C. I/ He would never like to try therapy
D. Marriage/Individual counseling did not work for us