3 Major Men vs Women Break up Reactions
Breakups are always painful. It torn you apart and suddenly you’re helpless and aimless. You are not sure what to do next once the one you loved so much walks out of your life.
Foremost, when we get into a relationship we never anticipate break up. We always wish it to last forever; however the ultimate truth of life is that everything ends.
To live a life with a void in the life is never easy, but one must get over it. When we talk about break ups, men and women have different ways of dealing with it. Their initial reaction to the break up is different. Let’s have a look at men vs women break up and how they both react to it.
Self-esteem and connection
When in a relationship, men and women derive different pleasure from it. While most men feel inflated self-esteem by being someone’s love interest, women derive a strong connection by being someone’s girlfriend.
When things turn sour, and the breakup happens, both the sexes feel the pain for different reasons. Break up effects on guys differently as they feel their self-esteem shattered, women feel a lost connection.
So, while they both are getting emotional over breakup, the reason apart from the separation is that they’re losing self-esteem and a strong connection.
Post-break stress –
What women do after a break up? They cry a lot. Since they have lost a connection, someone they truly loved, they feel helpless and cry it out.
They even go on a denial mode and sometimes refuse to accept that they’ve had a break up. Men after a break up go crazy. They find it hard to accept the fact and often find solace in drinking alcohol.
They start drinking heavily and start to introspect what went wrong in the relationship. For them to find a solid reason to explain the break up is essential. It’s a question of their self-esteem afterwards.
Getting mad and the desire to get them back –
This is a crucial difference between men vs women breakup behavior. When men break up, first they rejoice that they will be able to do all the things that their girlfriend restricted them from doing, then they feel the void and later they decide to get them back.
They get mad as to why the girl left them. For them to digest the fact is difficult. However, women slowly are able to comprehend that they’ve had a breakup and they must move on. This understanding helps them to move forward in life and they’re able to overcome it faster.
Leaving behind the debate who get over a heartbreak fast, let’s have a look ways on how to move on fast after a break up.
- Talking about your feelings with your friends or family. What hurt the most after breakup are the gathered emotions. Men after a break up usually hide their emotions and try to be strong, which surely hurts them and comes out then they’re drunk. Women, on the other hand, cry alone and refuse to share their emotions with others.
- Develop a hobby to divert your mind. Yes, when you’re only focusing on your break up you might go into depression. The best way to come over it is to develop a hobby. Mostly, what men do after a break up is they take up things they were told not to do when in a relationship. So, if they continue with that, or if women can adapt to that, things can get better sooner. After all, life never ends with this, does it?
- Pack your bags and leave on a tour. As we have seen above in men vs women break up behavior, men tend to relax a bit for a while before they start to sunk in the idea whereas women comprehends and cry over it and later come out of it. The best way, for both sexes, would be to go on a trip. Go to a place you wanted to visit and explore. After all, diverting the mind is essential.
- Sign up for a dating app and meet some new people. Men do this. This is the difference between men vs women after break up. Men usually go out and sleep around to get over the break up or say to satisfy their self-esteem. Women, however avoid doing so. It’s better if women can do it as well just so they can get over their past relationships faster by meeting new people.
- Cut all connections and consider it as past. It’s a must. Once you’ve had break up the chapter is closed. The person in your life has walked out of it. They don’t deserve your attention, again. So, make sure that you cut all contact with them. It might not be easy or convent as it sounds, but it is essential. Make sure you do it.
Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. Everyone speaks of this phase and often refer to it in our daily conversation. Men vs women break up reaction is quite different and in some cases opposite to each other. The aforementioned differences clarify this.
Want to have a happier, healthier marriage?
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.