Humans are inherently prone to errors and aren't perfect but imagine being constantly reminded of your mistakes. That definitely can be an uncomfortable feeling. Criticism doesn't only affect your self-esteem. It can also generate enmity between you and the one criticizing. Many argue that constructive criticisms are healthy, but the truth is criticism itself is harmful.
If you're in a relationship with someone who's critical of things you do and vocal about it, that can completely destroy any relationship. It is not productive, creates animosity, and you start doubting your ability to succeed in your relationship. 'Is there too much criticism in your relationship quiz 'is designed to give you advice on that.
1. How would your partner ask you for help in putting out the trash?
A. “Hey, I am really tired today. Do you think you could help with the dishes so I can go lay down?”
B. “I need you to stop being such a slob and clean the dishes for once in your life. Do you expect me to just do everything all the time, and you just sit around?”
C. “Is it too much to ask for you to help me every once in a while? I could really use a hand with the dishes.”
2. How often do you and your partner call each other names?
A. My partner only calls me names
C. Very often
3. How happy are you about the way your partner addresses you?
A. I’m not happy at all
B. Extremely happy
4. How will you describe your communication with your partner?
A. I hate it
B. I’m in awe of it
C. We both suck at it
5. How would you assess your self esteem in your relationship?
A. Very poor
B. Highly good
C. My partner and I have poor self esteem
7. Have you ever done right by your partner?
8. Does your partner take every opportunity to point out your flaws and then make you feel bad about them?
B. Not really
9. Do you feel diminished by your partner or like you are beneath them?
A. Yes always
C. It’s more like they’re beneath me
10. Has anyone ever expressed concern for the way your partner talks to you or about you?
11. Do you truly believe there’s too much criticism in your relationship?
A. Yes absolutely
B. No not at all