The warning signs of an abusive partner are notoriously difficult to recognize, but they’re important to keep in mind because if you can’t recognize them for what they truly are, you could find yourself in a life-threatening situation. Unfortunately, most women don’t know the telltale signs of an abusive relationship until after their partner has turned on them physically. And if you suspect your boyfriend is abusive but aren’t certain, the last thing you need is to be accused of false allegations by an abuser who would rather turn it around on you than face the truth about himself. Whether or not you're sure your boyfriend is abusive, the first thing you must do is to take this simple ‘Is My Boyfriend Abusive’ quiz and find out.
1. Do you find it difficult to talk to your partner about what you really feel?
A. Yes, all the time
B. Yes, and it makes me miserable
C. No, I’m okay
2. Do you feel pressured into sex and then feel bad about yourself afterward?
3. Does your partner use religion to control and manipulate you into doing what he believes you should do?
A. Maybe once in a while
B. All the time
4. Is your partner aggressive and emotionally manipulative?
5. Do you often feel as if your partner is trying to make you feel inadequate?
6. Do you feel that your partner will not cooperate in resolving conflicts?
7. Do you often feel like your partner doesn't listen to you?
B. Yes, It happens all the time
8. Do you fear your boyfriend?
A. Yes, quite frequently
C. No, never
9. Do you feel that you are at risk of being physically harmed by your boyfriend?
A. A few times
B. No, never
C. All the time
10. Has your boyfriend ever excused his own bad behavior by saying it's your fault?
A. Absolutely, yes
B. Not really