Valentine’s Day is fast approaching so now is the time to start getting in the spirit. February 14th is a day dedicated to love. It is a day to express how you feel by not only spending time with that special someone in your life but exchanging tokens of affection whether that is in the form of a gift or sweet words. Gifts are great but words are impactful! To get into the Valentine’s Day spirit, let’s talk quotes. There are so many quotes about Valentine’s Day that capture the essence of the holiday. They encompass the romance, love, togetherness and closeness as well as the happiness associated with having all those things.
How to use valentine’s day quotes
The great thing about Valentine’s Day quotes are their many uses. They’re nice to read and can be used to express feelings in a more creative way. You can use a good quote to accompany a gift you plan to give, send it in a sweet morning text with the words, “Made me think of you”, include a quote in a card, say it to someone directly (with the right delivery, of course) and so much more.
Quotes to consider
If you are looking for the right thing to say to your love this Valentine’s Day, we got you covered. Do a search for Valentine’s Day quotes for him and Valentine’s Day quotes for her and you will find many but some of the best are sourced from film, literature, and music. The reason for this is not the words alone but the nostalgia associated with them. We’ve heard these quotes, fell in love with these quotes and hearing them again will not only touch the heart but perhaps spark a pleasant memory.
Film writers certainly know how to create unforgettable romantic moments and the actors deliver the lines flawlessly.
- “Love is too weak a word for what I feel — I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you…” – Annie Hall(great for the couple that enjoys a good laugh)
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that’s what you’ve given me.” – The Notebook
- “I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” – The Notebook
- “I love you without knowing how, why, or even where.” – Patch Adams (originally from a poem byPablo Neruda)
- “You should be kissed, everyday, every hour, every minute.” – Lucky One
- “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Gone with the Wind
- “If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever.” – A Knight’s Tale (perfect to say to her on date night)
- “It seems right now that all I’ve ever done in my life is making my way here to you.” – The Bridges of Madison County
- “You make me want to be a better man.” – As Good As It Gets(a lovely Valentine’s Day quote for her)
- “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one.” – AtonementbyIan McEwan
- “Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” – The Princess Bride by William Goldman (this is a great Valentine’s day quote for him or her to include in a card)
- “If I loved you less I might be able to talk about it more.” Emma by Jane Austen (perfect quote for those that are not very good at expressing their feelings)
- “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” – The History of Love by Nicole Krauss (this quote is best followed by a proposal).
- “The mouth is made for communication, and nothing is more articulate than a kiss.” – It Occurred to Me by Jarod Kintz
Music quotes about Valentine’s Day are some of the best. Music and love go hand in hand.
- “Only you and you alone can thrill me like you do” – The Platters “Only You”
- “Love is you
You and meLove is knowingwe can be.” – John Lennon “Love”
- “In your eyes
I am complete” – Peter Gabriel “In Your Eyes”
- “Baby, we’ve got love love love love love” – Ok Sweetheart “We’ve Got Love”
- “I only know what I know
The passing years will show
You’ve kept my love so young, so new” – Frank Sinatra “Time After Time”
You have the quotes about Valentine’s Day, now put them to good use! Having the words to say takes the edge off of expressing your affection and helps create an extra special moment. Valentine’s Day is about creating a memory. It doesn’t matter if you are in a fairly new relationship or have been married for more than a decade. There is always room for extra romance. Use one of these quotes and you will definitely get a positive response from the person you’re with. That is the point after all.