Everyone has certain things they look for in a partner and things they steer away from. Sometimes it’s very specific such as wanting to meet someone who wants to have children or dating someone who has a specific career. Other times it could be certain relationship deal breakers that are a definite “no” on your list, such as a person who lies, smokes, or has a history of being unfaithful. Take the relationship deal breaker quiz to find out your non-negotiables in a relationship. When it comes to deal breakers, there also might be things that you aren’t necessarily thinking about prior to meeting someone that end up being a much bigger issue as you get to know them better.
1. What was the reason your last relationship ended?
A. Too many ups and downs
B. My partner was too controlling
C. We just didn’t want the same things
2. Which of these is most important to you in a partner?
B. Loving me for who I am
C. Having the same future plans
D. Someone I can trust
3. Would you date someone who has cheated in the past?
A. I don’t think so
C. I think I would, everyone makes mistakes
D. No, definitely not
4. Would you date someone who was always sending mixed signals?
A. No, definitely not. I hate that
B. I think I would give it time to see how it goes
D. I don’t think so
5. Would you date someone who wants to be with you all the time?
A. Yes, I would
B. No, definitely not
C. It depends, I would probably see how things go
D. I don’t know
6. Would you date someone who wants something completely different in the future than you do?
A. I don’t know
B. Maybe if I like them enough our plans could change for the future. It’s not a definite no
C. No, definitely not
D. Yes, I think so
7. Do you think jealousy is healthy in a relationship?
B. No, never
C. In certain circumstances, but rarely
D. Yes, I think a little bit is healthy
8. Do you have an issue with someone who is always changing plans last minute, forgetting about your plans, or something is always coming up?
A. Yes, I really couldn’t deal with that
B. It depends on the situations and if they are understandable, I would mostly be okay with it
C. I wouldn’t like that if it happened too often, but sometimes I would understand
D. I am not sure
9. If you caught your partner in a lie, would you give them another chance?
A. It depends if it was the first time, but after a few times definitely not
C. It depends how I feel and how big the lie is
D. No, i hate liars
10. If you want a family, would you date someone who doesn’t and vice versa?
A. I am undecided about what I want
B. I don’t think so
C. Definitely not, that would waste both of our time
D. I think I would just see where it goes