“Till death do us a part” is a common hrase used at marriage ceremonies, but things don’t always end up like this. Some marriages can last a lifetime, but there are others that end up walking away from their marriage when things don’t work out for various reasons.
The good thing is that people who get a divorce consider marrying again after a while. It is great when people are able to give marriage another try, with a renewed sense of optimism and hope for the future. However, doubt can also plague you while making the decision to marry again.
If you are in this delicate situation, take this second marriage quiz to find out if you are ready to give marriage another chance.
1. Are you still wearing the wedding ring from your previous marriage?
A. No, I took it off over a year ago
B. No, It’s been months since I wore it
C. No, but I still miss wearing it
D. Yes, I still can’t part with it
2. Do you still wonder if it was right for you to get divorced?
A. No, not at all
B. No, not really
D. All the time
3. Do you still miss your ex-spouse?
A. No, not at all
B. I’m not sure
D. Yes, often
4. Have you identified the mistakes that you may have made in your marriage?
A. Yes, I know the things I need to change about myself
B. Yes, I think so
C. I’m not sure
D. My partner is the one who messed things up
5. Have you been able to talk to your new partner about all aspects of your failed marriage?
A. Yes, totally
B. Yes, kind of
C. I don’t like to talk about it
D. We are not that close yet
6. For how long have you known your current partner?
A. More than a year
B. A year or less
C. A few months
D. We started dating while I was still married
7. Was your divorce amiable?
A. Yes, we still respect each other and have remained friends
B. Mostly, yes
C. There was fighting involved, but we got over our conflicts eventually
D. No, it was a scandal
8. Do you think issues from your first marriage will sabotage your new relationship?
A. No, we can have a healthy relationship in spite of all the baggage
B. No, there will probably be other issues
C. No, this time there will be no issues at all
D. Yes, because all men/women are the same
9. Do you have the courage to be vulnerable with your next spouse?
B. Most of the times
C. Not really
D. No, I am a fortress
10. Do you spend quality time with your potential second spouse?
A. Yes, and we will continue to do so
B. Yes, but we should spend more time together
C. Not as much as I'd wish
D. Our schedules collide
11. Have you ever had a big fight with your current partner?
A. Yes, and we got over it like grown-ups
B. Yes, and it reminded me of my divorce
C. No, we haven't been together for a long time
D. No, I can't imagine such a thing
12. Can you embrace your role as a stepparent?
A. Yes, no problem with that
B. Yes, with minor issues
C. Not sure
D. No, I don't like my partner's children
13. What is the best way to end up a fight?
A. Valuing differences
B. Making a compromise
C. Shutting the door
D. Issuing an ultimatum
14. Have you forgiven your ex-spouse?
A. Yes, I am chill about it
B. Yes, although I am still suffering
C. Not really
D. No, and I will never do it
15. You and your partner have different opinions on a subject. What is the best solution?
A. A hug
B. Agreeing to disagree
C. Preparing better arguments
D. Imposing my will