Have you recently been feeling uneasy around your partner, vice versa, or do you feel some tension brewing up in your relationship? If so, then you need to take a step back, view your relationship from a third person’s point of view, and you will see the bigger picture.The book Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung explains how fluid and fragile human relationships are and how our society’s disregard for various “ideas of being” makes things even more complicated. So clearing out your head and thinking beyond what the unsaid social rules say, you can decide what’s best for you and your partner. This Is Your Relationship on the Right Path quiz will help you take the first necessary step.
1. How do you feel around your partner?
A. Happy as usual
2. Do you go out or cook at home?
A. We usually go out
B. We rarely go out and cook at home
C. We do not eat together
D. A mix of both
3. How do you react to the changes made in your house by your partner?
A. I hate it. I wish they would stop
B. I am embracing their changes
C. I do not hate them
D. I have not noticed any changes
4. Do you think you share a codependent relationship with your partner?
A. Yes, I think we do
B. No, we are fine
C. I doubt it because we are quite independent
D. It is sickening
5. How does your partner feel around you these days?
A. They seem happy
B. They look stressed
C. We are not talking as much as we used to
D. Neutral as always
6. Who is the alpha in the relationship?
A. We are both alphas
B. I am/ they are
C. We do not overpower each other
D. Their mother or some other third person
7. Do they force domestic chores on you?
A. Yes, they do
B. They do not, but I do
C. No, neither one of us does
8. Are you both financially independent?
A. Yes, we are
B. No, we are not
C. I am/ they are
D. Almost there
9. Do you still kiss each other off and on?
A. Not anymore
B. I don’t/ they don’t
C. Yes, we do
D. Depends on the mood
10. Do they bring a smile to your face when they see you after a long time?
A. Yes, they do
B. Yes, they still do