Life is about finding perfection in imperfect situations. You may find it hard to relate with your parents right now, but sooner or later, you will be able to step into their shoes. Unless there is something brutally wrong with parents, it takes time to understand what they go through every day. If your parents just refuse to understand you or your life choices, then it is time for an intervention. You either talk to them directly or involve other adults who can help you with your situation. Take this do my parents love me quiz to find out how much your parents love you or if they need a reminder.
1. How do you think your parents should love you?
A. I just want them to give me some emotional support
B. I want us to be a happy family
C. I don’t want to be scared all the time
D. Like my grandparents love me
2. Do you think your grades are declining?
A. Yes, I do
B. Not majorly
C. No, my grades are fine
D. Yes, and my teachers are concerned
3. How do you generally feel these days?
A. I feel fine
B. I feel depressed
C. I feel Iike crying
D. I am okay but could be better
4. Do they fulfill all your needs?
A. Yes, but not emotional needs
B. Yes, as much as they can
C. Yes, the basics, but there is no actual support
D. No, I feel like I am on my own for everything
5. Is there any domestic violence at home?
A. Yes, and I can’t deal with it
B. No, just loud arguments
C. Nothing physical
D. Not at all
6. Do your parents argue almost every day?
B. Yes, and I am fed up
C. No argument as such, but there is tension
D. Sometimes, but they seem happy
7. Are the fights affecting you from forming new relationships?
A. Yes, I think so
B. Yes, but it’s not because of them
C. No, but I am disturbed
8. What do they usually do on a family vacation?
A. They are completely involved with us
B. We usually end up fighting
C. It is just a formality
D. They don’t seem involved
9. Are you able to communicate your feelings to them?
A. Yes, I think so
B. Yes, but in vain
C. No, I can’t
D. Sometimes, if they are in a good mood
10. Do you feel scared around them?
B. Not really
C. Not scared, but inhibited