You are not alone if the man of your dreams has suddenly morphed into someone that resembles more of a nightmare. If you find yourself questioning, “Is my boyfriend a sociopath?” you may need to be sure about this. Unfortunately, the thing that makes sociopaths so good at what they do is their ability to manipulate others into thinking they are lovely. Before you know it, you are second-guessing just about every aspect of your relationship and wondering when it all took a turn. The life you thought you were living has somehow unraveled, and you realize that your relationship is built on nothing but lies and deceit. Are you feeling this way? Has your boyfriend manipulated you into thinking you had an excellent relationship and you have started seeing the truth behind his lies? Do you have a sociopath boyfriend? Take this quiz to find out!
1. Did he start as everyone’s favorite guy until you got to know the real him?
A. Yes, definitely
C. Not really; many of my friends disliked him from the start
D. No, he didn’t change much, but we just argue more now
2. Do you ever feel like your relationship is moving a little fast or that it moved very fast in the beginning?
C. Not really
3. How would you describe your relationship with other people in your life?
A. I barely have close relationships with anyone else
B. My relationships are somewhat strained because of my relationship
C. I have a few close relationships, but none of them like my boyfriend
D. I have a few close relationships, and they do like my boyfriend
4. What does your boyfriend do when he wants something from you?
A. Gives me a sob story until he guilts me into it
B. Somehow convinces me that it’s the right thing to do
C. Usually, it ends up in an argument because I don’t trust what he’s saying
D. Fights with me until he gets it or tries to negotiate
5. Do you trust your boyfriend?
D. The majority of the time
6. Do you feel like your boyfriend has empathy for you and other people?
A. No, never
D. The majority of the time
7. How does your boyfriend react when something terrible happens to someone else when you hear something disturbing or watch something disturbing on TV?
A. He usually makes fun of it or thinks it’s funny
B. It seems to bother him most of the time
C. He doesn’t seem bothered by it
D. It bothers him
8. Are you afraid to say no to him?
A. Yes, I know better if I don’t want to be screamed at and criticized for hours
B. Sometimes I say no, but he usually convinces me somehow that I am wrong
C. Most of the time, I say no because I don’t trust him
D. I am not afraid, but I know it will end in a fight
9. Have his words or actions ever made you genuinely fearful for yourself or someone else?
A. Yes, I believe he is capable of anything
B. A few times, but nothing ever actually happened
C. No, he has made threats, but they were never anything I truly believed
D. No, I don’t think he would intentionally hurt me or someone else
10. Does your boyfriend struggle to follow the rules?
A. Yes, he doesn’t believe rules apply to him
B. Sometimes he does, but somehow talks his way out of trouble every time
C. He does, but then he just lies about it, and you never know the truth
D. Sometimes, but most of the time, he can follow rules