Are you a giver or a taker is the most important thing in a relationship. Many of us give and take in our relationships because we want to build and maintain healthy and loving connections with other people. To find lasting love, you need to know if there is a healthy balance of give and take in your relationships.This often means that your partner also gives as much as you do. In other cases, it means that their giving comes from a good place instead of neediness or a desire to control you. Are you a giver or a taker in your relationships? How does your role typically differ between you and your significant other?Are you both generally the same, or is it usually one of you who takes the lead in making the relationship? Time to find out!
1. How are you at solving problems in relationships?
A. I think I'm good at it.
B. I can’t say I’m good at it.
C. It depends, so I can’t say an obvious thing.
2. When your partner wants a minor request…
A. I like helping out occasionally, but I don't want to be constantly relied upon.
B. S/he can take care of themselves.
C. I live to make my partner happy.
3. Assuming it's a Saturday night and you're looking forward to a quiet night at home. Your partner comes home and announces that they feel pumped up and want to go out for dinner at a trendy restaurant or bar.
A. I ask for a raincheck.
B. I refuse their offer with a guilty conscience, but I mention that I was planning on spending the night at home at the same time.
C. They deserve a night out. I leap up and go without hesitation.
4. Assuming your partner has already made plans to spend this weekend with one of their high school buddies, who you absolutely can't stand! The last time you all were together, their friend spent the whole evening inappropriately bragging about how awesome s/he was. Your partner wants to go there, and the final decision is yours.
A. The decision is quite simple. There is no need to be there. I’d refuse to go.
B. I’d suggest to my partner to go by themselves.
C. I'd agree to go but tell my partner that I honestly don't like their friend.
5. After winning an all-expenses-paid trip to Ibiza in a contest, you learn that your partner just started a new job and cannot get the time off to go with you. Your partner is very upset. What is the next step?
A. I would pass the trip on to a family member or a friend.
B. Who cares? Pack my bag!
C. I'd feel bad going while they are back at home working, I'd decide to turn down the trip.
6. Let's talk about making love. You have just climaxed, but your partner is not quite there yet. Let’s be honest, what is your next step?
A. Sorry but I’m tired, OK? So, I will roll over and go to sleep.
B. I keep going until my partner orgasms.
C. I plant an apologetic kiss on their lips. Not today, maybe next time.
7. Valentine's Day is…
A. I ignore it, even if my partner considers it important.
B. I exchange gifts with my partner.
C. I give a gift to my partner without expecting one in return.
8. Because of fighting a lot recently, your partner suggests that you both make an appointment to see a counselor together. What do you think?
A. I don't need to go. It's time to end the relationship.
B. I'd go. It’s probably just what we'll need.
C. I’d say OK, but I probably wouldn't participate much.
9. When making plans to see a movie, you and your partner typically…
A. We agree on something we both want to see. Always on the same page!
B. Sometimes we see my flicks, sometimes his/hers.
C. We typically end up seeing what I want to see.
10. What kind of relationship are you in?
A. Engaged/ Married.