We all want to be in relationships where we can be ourselves. A lot of the time, either the timing or the place isn’t right. You may be wondering how to be at the right place at the right time. You may never arrive at a concrete answer, but you can always keep a few things in mind. You might think that you are not ready for a relationship or haven’t found the one you imagined to be with, but you have to try. Remember to establish a relationship with the principles of communication, trust, and respect. Even if it takes longer than you thought, it will be worth the wait. Take this quiz to find out the reasons that might be inhibiting you from making a move.
1. Do you usually approach people you would like to date or wait for them to make a move?
A. It is hard for me to talk to people
B. I prefer being approached
C. I am not sure if I should make the move
2. Which of the following phrases resonate with you when you think about asking someone out on a date?
A. I fear he will say no
B. I am not sure if he is the one
C. I just got out of a serious relationship
3. How do you feel about online dating?
A. I am not sure if I will find him virtually
B. The dating apps are crowded
C. I don’t know if it is the right thing to do
4. Is there anything about your past relationships that is stopping you from getting into a new relationship?
A. I had an abusive relationship
B. Not really
C. I have felt restricted in some past relationships
5. Do you have a specific image in your mind about how a boyfriend should behave?
A. Yes, he should make me feel special
B. He should not include me in his other social circles
C. No, I don’t have a specific image
6. Do you think you are ready for a relationship?
A. Yes, I am
B. I am not sure
C. I can not make an emotional investment at the moment
7. What is your idea of a good first date?
A. I want it to be perfect
B. The idea of a first date makes me nervous
C. Something that leads to a second date
8. What is one thing that annoys you about being in a relationship?
A. I miss my me-timern
9. Which of the following words resonate with you when you think about being with a boyfriend?
10. Do you think you are ready to commit wholeheartedly to a relationship?
A. Maybe not
B. Yes, I am ready
C. Yes, if I find the one