For some people being single is a choice, while for others, being alone is circumstantial. Being single for a while is sustainable for anyone, but for many, the relationship status could start weighing on them.
Loneliness could start settling in, and the feeling that we may not be worth someone’s attention or affection.
So, why do you think you are still single? Take our ‘Why Am I Still Single quiz’ and find out now.
1. Are you annoyed by the repetitive nature of a single person’s life?
A. Yes, every day
B. Yes, some days are like that
C. Not really, you like your life most of the time
D. No, you are happy the way you are
2. Do you feel like you do better financially on your own?
A. Not really, you need guidance
B. Not really, you need someone to help you manage things
C. Yes, you don’t spend much on a date anyways
D. Yes, definitely
3. Do you think you treat your lovers correctly?
C. When you feel like it
D. No, not at all
4. Do you think you can be faithful to only one person?
B. If with the right person
C. No, never
D. You don’t want to settle down, to begin with
5. Do you think you can commit to a long-term and serious relationship?
A. Yes, of course
B. When the time comes, you will
C. Maybe when you are older
D. No, not really because you are a loner
6. Are you happier by yourself?
B. Most of the time, yes
C. Maybe you don't know
D. Not really
7. Do you feel lonely as a single person?
C. Yes, but it’s mostly because of boredom
D. No, no way
8. Do you think you are single because you’ve always been misunderstood?
A. Yes, it's possible
C. Not really, things are quite straightforward with you from the get-go
D. You generally don’t care what other people think of you
9. Can you be faithful to one person?
A. I doubt if I can
B. Yes, I can
C. Well, I think I can be loyal to one person
D. I definitely cannot be
10. Can you take care of someone’s needs?
A. I'm not ready for that
B. No, I am yet to explore
C. Only if their personality matches mine
D. I need to clarify to them what our individual responsibilities are
11. Do you have low self-esteem?
A. Yes, and I think I need to work on that
B. On occasion
C. I don’t care if I have but I don’t care
D. Not at all
12. Do you feel you haven’t found a compatible partner?
A. I just feel I haven't found one
B. Sometimes, but I am confused
D. My dates find me too controlling. So, things don’t end positively
13. Are you more concerned about your career than anything else?
A. I want to build my career to a point before anything else
B. Kind of
C. Not at all
D. It’s essentially because I am not ready to settle with one person now
14. Do you miss your last relationship?
A. Yes, a lot
C. Not really, you’ve moved on really fast
D. You generally don’t hold on to relationships
15. Do you wish you could settle down now?
A. Yes, definitely
B. Sometimes you feel like it
C. Not really, you like your worry-free life
D. You don't know