Is your marriage on autopilot? Relationships, particularly those that have been going on for a while, tend to appear permanent, as if they would always exist.
This makes us more likely to take them for granted, let them fall behind other priorities, pay them less attention over time, and eventually operate them automatically.
How do you know when your relationship is on autopilot? There are some signs, and no worries because this quiz will help you find the answer!
1. You get negative thoughts when you think of your spouse.
2. Compared to your spouse, you're closer to someone else.
B. Not sure
3. Does physical closeness frequently put on hold?
4. How frequently does your marriage experience passionate moments?
A. Hardly ever. We both have more important responsibilities to deal with
B. I believe that's sufficient—every now and again
C. I can't ever describe a moment in my life as passionate
5. How long have you been married?
A. +3 years
B. +5 years
C. 0-3 years
6. Do you have a routine that never seems to change?
A. My life itself is a routine that won't change
B. Only some situations allow me to use this phrase
C. No, everything is so unpredictable and unexpected
7. Do you feel that the marriage has become one-sided and/or they feel taken for granted?
A. Yes, definitely
B. Just sometimes
8. Do you feel that you are simply coexisting, not connecting anymore?
A. I feel exactly that way right now
B. Sometimes I feel this way but not always
C. Honestly I've never felt it
9. Are there things that used to be important to you that now aren't?
A. I used to set aside time just for me. Right now, it's impossible
B. Earlier, my spouse would try her hardest to make me happy. He used to seem to care, but not anymore
C. No, nothing about my life has changed in this manner
10. Is there an opportunity for growth and change in your relationship, or are things just... the way they are?
A. Regarding that, I'm unsure; I'm really confused
B. There is hope after all; I just have to wait until the perfect moment
C. Without a doubt not. At least from my side