Is this the real deal or will this pass? Especially early in a relationship, it can be hard to tell if what you are feeling for your partner is real love or if you are crushing really, really hard. What is the difference after all? Love takes some time but it’s worth it and it lasts. Infatuation may be over once the shine is gone. And sometimes, infatuation can mature into love.
Take this Infatuation vs. Love Quiz to figure out if what you feel for that special someone is the real thing.
1. Your partner just got a great opportunity, but it will take them away from you for a little while. What do you say to them?
A. I tell them, “That’s great,” but I am secretly very upset, I’m not sure that we can make it work, it worries me and I will need constant attention till they leave.
B. We discuss it together, if the opportunity is great, they should do it, I will miss them, but they have to do things for themselves, we’ll make it work.
C. “Does that mean you don’t love me? Please don’t go!”
2. How long have you known each other?
A. We have known each other for quite a while, I consider them a great friend.
B. We’ve known each other for a bit
C. We just met, but they are AMAZING
3. When you are together, what do you talk about?
A. We don’t talk, we spend too much time making love or staring into each other’s eyes
B. We talk about some serious things, but mostly we joke around a kiss
C. We talk about anything and everything. We can easily talk for hours and hours, we laugh and make jokes, and when one of us is having a problem, we talk through that too
4. You’re having a night with your friends, what do you do?
A. I don’t go, I’m too busy with my partner
B. I go, and we have a great time, we talk a bit about my partner but this is a nice chance to be with my friends
C. I go and we hang out, but I can’t stop talking about my partner. They get a bit annoyed.
5. Your partner is away for the weekend, how do you feel?
A. Fine, I mean I miss them, of course, but it’s just a weekend, will give me a chance to relax.
B. Oh my God! How could they leave me like this?!
C. I’m definitely sad, but I get it. They just better text me a lot and call twice a day at least
6. You're at work but you can't seem to get anything done lately because all you can think about is your partner.
7. When you first met your partner, which best describes your sexual relationship?
A. You had sex the first time you met him/her and continue to have sex every time you see each other
B. You had no sexual contact for the first few dates and intimacy increased over time
C. You had sexual relations usually around the same point in the relationship as you have in others
8. You had sexual relations usually around the same point in the relationship as you have in others
A. They feel I am too involved
B. They think we are a good couple
C. They are skeptical about the relationship
9. When people ask you about your partner, you usually have a difficult time speaking at length about them.
A. Yes, because I don’t know enough about them
B. Not at all
10. Your partner doesn't seem to be part of the relationship. They are not as excited about spending time together.
A. True for certain instances
C. There could be a possibility
11. You are in a fight with your partner, what is your reaction?
A. We never fight
B. We have had some fights, but I try to avoid them. If something comes up, we figure out a way to at least temporarily solve the problem
C. We have had a few major fights, but it’s because we had problems we need to address. You should never shy away from addressing problems
12. What do you and your partner like to do together?
A. Sex and kissing and making out and touching and staring intensely
B. I just like being with them, talking, laughing, goofing around, having sex, dealing with life stuff
C. Sex, of course, and watching tv, laughing, just having fun.
13. What do you love most about your partner?
A. Everything, they are perfect!
B. They are really really cool
C. They have lots of admirable qualities. But what I really love about them is they make me the best person I can be
14. What annoys you about your partner?
A. The noise they make when they chew
B. Nothing, haven’t I made it clear that I love them so much!
C. I mean nothing that is a deal-breaker, but they have their faults. I sometimes have to push them to do better
15. Your partner is out to lunch with other people. How do you feel?
A. Fine, why shouldn’t they be out to lunch with other people?
B. Why didn’t they invite me? I should be there!
C. A bit sad, I was hoping I could call them for an impromptu lunch