1. When I am with my partner, I feel a greater awareness of things because of him or her.
A. Yes, very much!
B. More often than not
C. Depends on the situation
D. Am I supposed to feel anything different?
E. Never felt anything different
2. When things don’t seem to be working out in our relationship, we address it together.
A. Yes, all the time
B. If it's really important
D. We hardly do it anymore
3. We work together on our differences and usually find a solution that we’re both happy with.
A. Yes, absolutely!
C. We just about manage
D. Sometimes, but it does lead to arguments
E. We just give each other the cold treatment
4. I always tell my partner things that I appreciate about him or her.
A. Yes - I love to do that!
B. Only sometimes
C. We used to but it's on the decline
D. I find this hard but I do try
E. It doesn't matter to either of us
5. Even in the toughest of situations, or when I am in real trouble, I know my partner would drop everything to help me.
A. Yes, totally!
B. Yes if it is really serious
C. Maybe, they will
E. No, I have my doubts
6. We may have our differences but my partner eventually apologizes if they see they've hurt my feelings.
A. Yes, they do
B. My partner does try to make it up somehow
C. Only if I am very upset about it
D. They do; but begrudgingly
E. Never - and that hurts even more
7. My partner makes me feel safe and secure.
A. Yes, I'd rather be with them than anyone else!
B. Most of the times
C. I think that they try
D. Not really thought about it
E. My partner intimidates me
8. Friendships outside your relationship are…
A. Fine, as long as they're open and healthy
B. We have set some boundaries
C. Only if it's with couples like us
D. I feel uncomfortable about it
E. Not really okay
9. When I’m feeling upset, my partner listens to my concerns and is generally supportive.
C. It doesn't really matter to me
D. They sometimes let me down
10. How much has knowing your partner made you a better person?
A. I'm definitely a better person now
B. Perhaps, I've changed for the better
C. I'm still the same
D. I'm not sure
E. I liked my former self more