It’s known that partners who put a positive outlook on their partners’ character are likely to have successful relationships. Friendship, for instance, is key to a fulfilling relationship and tends to offer positive perspectives on relationships.
Partners who have a positive perspective about each other tend to perceive each other’s as positive and rarely take their negative acts to heart or emotionally.
‘How Positively Do You View Your Partner Quiz’ will bring about a better way to assess your current level of positive perception/ perspective and determine whether your relationship needs attention.
1. When your partner is in a bad mood, do you usually feel you will get blamed for the problem?
A. Yes, all the time
C. Not at all
2. When your partner is in a bad mood, do you envisage a storm of negative emotions?
A. Very often I do
B. I fear when it happens, but it’s always short-lived
C. I always try and calm them down
3. How often does your partner criticize you?
A. Anytime they’re in a bad mood
B. I’m criticized occasionally
C. It’s never been a fear
4. Is your partner really interested in your opinions regarding basic needs?
A. Not as much as I wish
B. Well, sometimes
C. Yes, all the time
5. On a typical day, will your partner extend a helping hand when you need it the most?
A. My partner is usually selfish with their time
B. I’m lucky if they’re in a good mood
C. At any point in time that I need aid, they’re around
6. How will you rate the power dynamics in your relationship?
7. Who decides on what meal to eat on a typical day?
A. My partner does all the time
B. It depends on the mood and occasion
C. We usually come to a compromise
8. When your partner is in a good mood, do you hope for eternal love and affection?
A. Not entirely
C. Most often
9. Do you agree that the success of your relationship is dependent on you two?
A. No, decision-making lies with one of us
B. I think sometimes
C. Our happiness is dependent on how positively we see each other
10. On a scale of 10, how positively do you view your partner?