Here is how much emotional baggage does your partner have, quiz! You can determine whether they are genuinely ready for a relationship. It would help if you first determined how much emotional baggage they have to unpack. Concerned about their past interfering with your present? Take this quiz on how much emotional baggage does your partner have to see how much emotional baggage your partner carries!
1. Are they oppressive in your daily communication?
A. Yes generally
B. Just sometimes
2. Do you frequently talk about being cheated on?
A. Yes, all times
B. Just sometimes
C. No, never
3. Which of the following statements most accurately describes their current relationship with their ex?
A. They obsess over their ex's posts on social media and follow them religiously
B. No connection
C. They have a distant but friendly relationship and handle any shared responsibilities with grace
4. Are they a problem solver or a troublemaker?
C. Problem solver
5. How do they talk about their ex and serious relationship?
A. Refusing to say anything
B. Rant about how they've been taken advantage of
C. They have a balanced perspective on both other people and past relationships
6. Is your partner ever curious about what you're thinking or feeling?
A. No, never
C. Yes, all the time
7. Past relationships aren't the only source of emotional baggage. How do they talk about their family and childhood?
A. They’re weirdly quiet about that
B. They have some traumatic experiences. I'm determined not to let them get in the way of my current happiness
C. They talk about pretty good things
8. What do they look like when a sad song is playing?
A. They act as if everything is fine, but it's definitely not..
B. I've seen them cry a couple of times
C. Looks like normal
9. Everyone makes mistakes, right? When they do, they are...
A. Immediately defensive and accusatory
B. Overwhelmed with guilt to the point where the situation becomes all about them and their feelings
C. Willing to engage in difficult conversations, learn from their mistakes, and make efforts to change their behavior
10. Lastly, which of the following statements most accurately describes your partner?
A. They don't have many outside interests or relationships, and they want to be a part of everything in your life
B. They are afraid that your friends and family will endanger your relationship and will try to isolate you
C. They want to know and possibly even monitor where you are at all times