There are many different factors that could make a person easier or harder to get along with than most other people. It is only natural that some people might have a harder time getting along with a person because of personality differences and other people have no problem at all getting along with that same person. But there are also people who are much more difficult to get along with, regardless of the type of personality you have.
Hard to get along with doesn’t have to signify that a person is rude or mean all the time. Some people are just very reserved, have a difficult time keeping a conversation with others and get anxious when they try to do so, which could make it difficult for anyone to get to know them well.
How hard are you to get along with? Take this quiz to find out.
1. What would you rather do on a weekend?
A. Go out on the town and spend time with friends
B. Stay in and have a quiet night at home alone
C. It depends on the day, but most of the time I get together with a few friends
2. How would you describe yourself?
A. Shy and reserved
B. Outgoing and charismatic
C. Confident and intelligent
3. Do you have an easy time making new friends?
B. Yes, I make new friends all the time
C. No, I don’t ever make new friends
4. Do you feel like you are good at reading other people’s emotions and empathize with them?
A. No, not at all
C. Yes, definitely
5. Do you feel like you are superior to most other people that you meet?
A. Not really/I don’t know
B. No, not at all
C. Yes, I often feel that way
6. Do you have a hard time trusting others, even when they have not given you any reason to doubt them?
A. Yes, I have a very hard time trusting others
B. Sometimes I do, but most times I can form trusting relationships
C. No, I usually trust others unless they give me a reason not to
7. When someone disagrees with you, how do you feel?
A. It depends, but most of the time I try to resolve it if I can
B. It is fine if someone disagrees with me, that doesn’t really bother me
C. I tend to get angry and resentful
8. What do you feel should happen to those who have wronged you or had a disagreement with you?
A. I believe revenge is the best answer
B. I don’t think anything should happen to them, but they won’t be a part of my life anymore
C. It depends on the situation, I could go either way
9. Do you tend to get angry when you don’t get your way or if someone messes up the plans you have made?
C. Yes I do
10. Do you feel like you get angry more than most of the people you know?
C. Yes I do