1. Do you have a habit of treating your child as superior to other children?
A. Yes, every chance I get
B. Yes, often
C. Only sometimes or never
2. Do you believe your child has true empathy for others?
A. No, definitely not
B. Not really
C. Yes, I do believe they have empathy
3. Does your child expect things that are unreasonable and demand it if they don’t get it? (This question refers to an out of the ordinary demand that is extreme compared to other children)
B. Yes, many times
C. No, not really
4. Does your child handle being punished well or being told no?
A. Definitely not, it turns into screaming and yelling, causing a scene until I give in
B. Most times there is a full-blown meltdown, but I try not to give in
C. Rarely, but not more than other children I don’t think
5. Does your child seem to demand attention more than most children?
A. Absolutely, negative or positive attention, it doesn’t even matter
B. Yes, I do notice that frequently
6. Do you or your partner use erratic or abusive parenting techniques?
B. Only physical discipline like spanking or hitting with a belt
C. No, I never use inappropriate discipline techniques
7. If you say you are going to do something, do you usually follow through? (example: “If you don’t clean your room today you aren’t going anywhere” or “If you get in trouble at school again you are grounded for the weekend”)
A. I try, but I admit I don’t always
C. Most of the time
8. Is your child a bully? If so, do you address it?
A. Yes, and I try to address it but it never works
B. Not most times, but if I see them bullying another child I try to stop it right away
C. No, I don’t think they are
9. Does your child look up to athletes or other prominent figures who display narcissistic traits?
A. Yes, often
10. Is your child a perfectionist?