Trust issues are very common in relationships. Sometimes they are justified, and other times, they are not. No matter what caused it, the truth is that it may have some devastating effects on your mental health and your relationships.
You will end up driving yourself into a state of panic or anxiousness by overthinking about every aspect. You may even make your partner feel frustrated, up to the point where they may forcibly decide to leave you.
So, are you pushing yourself and your partner to the edge because of your trust issues? If you have asked yourself, “Do I have trust issues,” take this quiz and find out the answer.
1. Do you prefer staying home with your partner most of the time?
B. Yes, it's safer this way
C. Yes, so that I can enjoy all their attention
D. No, that's crazy
2. Do you harass your partner with calls and messages every time they are away?
A. Yes, I video call them to ensure that they are not doing anything crazy
B. No, I trust them
C. It happens when I have a very bad day
D. No, because it will make them very angry
3. Can you handle a lie?
B. No, it feels like the end of the world
C. No, because it feels like my world is falling apart
D. Yes, because nobody is perfect
4. Do you feel that you have low self-esteem?
C. It might be true
D. Maybe, I don't know
5. Do you overthink about your partner’s words and actions?
C. Yes, I have doubts about their love for me
D. I did it often, but then I got dumped
6. Can you trust the people in your life?
B. It depends on the person
C. No, nor can I trust myself
D. Yes, of course
7. Do you often worry about losing your loved ones or them walking away?
A. Yes, all the time
B. Kind of
C. No, not really
D. Yes, it makes me feel jealous and anxious
8. Are you bothered by conversations your loved ones has with other people?
A. Yes, I get really jealous
B. Yes, I feel like that they would pick that person over me
C. Yes, I keep thinking about it for days
D. No, not at all
9. Do you share personal information and feelings with others easily?
A. No, I don’t want to face ridicule
B. No, I don’t want to share things about myself with random people
C. Yes, when I’m comfort, I talk openly
D. No, I am a bit guarded
10. Have you been cheated on or betrayed by someone you love?
A. Yes, it has happened multiple times
B. Maybe, but I think it was my fault
C. I think so
D. Not really
11. Do you trust your decisions and actions?
A. No, i doubt them constantly
B. I’m not sure, but I follow my instincts
C. Yes, I take reasonable and informed decisions
D. Sometimes my decisions are not based in logic and facts
12. Do you sometimes stalk your partner?
B. You've done it a few times but then stopped because it was ridiculous
C. Not really
D. No, not at all
13. Do you check your partner's phone for suspicious messages?
A. All the time
B. Yes, I can help it
C. Not really
D. I’m too busy to do so
14. Have you accused your partner of cheating without proof?
C. Yes Kind of
D. No, because it will make me look insecure
15. Do you check your partner's friend list on Facebook?
C. You were about to do it again today
D. No, there is no need for me to do that