Being a good partner could take on different meanings for different people. Your partner might have specific qualifications of what makes up a good partner in their mind that doesn’t always coincide with what you or anyone else might consider a good partner to be. However, there are general terms as well that make up a good partner that would make anyone feel lucky to have you, regardless of what their own personal preferences are. Using those general guidelines, this ‘Are you a good boyfriend or girlfriend quiz’ will determine if you are a good partner or if maybe there are some things you should work on that will increase your ability to keep your partner happy. Take this quiz today to find out if you are a good partner.
1. Do you think finding effective ways to communicate is a high priority in relationships?
A. Sometimes, but I also know I have a difficult time controlling what I say sometimes, and that has gotten me in trouble
B. Not really. I have a hard time being open about how I feel and usually end up feeling ignored or dismissed
C. Yes, definitely
2. Do you try to find things that your partner really enjoys so you can go out of your way to do them as an expression of love?
A. Yes, all the time
B. I will do that sometimes
C. I am not really the affectionate or lovey-dovey type
3. Do you feel like most or all of your free time should be spent together when you are in a relationship?
A. No, I think there needs to be a healthy balance of together time and alone time
B. Sometimes, but I usually feel like my partners expect to spend most of their free time with me and sometimes it feels suffocating
C. Yes, I think in a healthy relationship you should spend as much time together as possible
4. Do you typically have a hard time letting go of the past and not bringing it up to remind your partner of their mistakes?
5. Are you generally able to recognize when you are not being fair to your partner and not afraid to admit when you are wrong or not treating them fairly?
A. I think I do well with that
B. Sometimes I can, but sometimes it is hard for me to see it in the heat of the moment, and I don’t realize until later
C. Not really, that is something I need to work on
6. Do you tend to compare your partners to people you have dated in the past or people that your friend/family members are dating/have dated?
A. No, never. Everyone is different, and I don’t like to compare
B. Sometimes, if there is a red flag that I feel like I can’t ignore anymore, then I think it is okay to bring it up and compare to someone else
C. Yes, I always do because I am afraid of the past repeating itself
7. Do you expect your partner to be the only source of your happiness and always work to make sure they are keeping you happy?
A. No, definitely not. I am responsible for my own happiness
B. Sometimes, I do without realizing it, but I think I am just a little needier than other people are
C. I do find myself doing this to my partner and expecting them to do everything they can to make sure I am happy
8. Do you have the tendency to be controlling, manipulative, or emotionally abusive in relationships?
A. No, definitely not
9. Are you an empathetic partner and try to put yourself in your partner's shoes and have compassion for them and anything they are going through?
A. Yes, always
B. Sometimes, but other times I know I could be more concerned about myself
C. I am not really that type of person
10. Do your relationships usually have a good balance of give and take?
B. Sometimes, but at times I feel like I give more than my partner does
C. No, I either take advantage of my partner’s kindness, or they take advantage of mine. It always seems to fall into that pattern