There are countless questions about why relationships change so much over time and how you could go from being completely in love with someone to never wanting to speak to them again. Although it is unknown what exactly causes these changes, it is undoubtedly present in all relationships regardless of how much we want to maintain that passion and desire that was once there. While there is nothing that you could really do to prevent this from happening to some degree over time, some people actually contribute to the decline in their relationships. Certain unhealthy behaviors could actually destroy relationships without you even realizing it. So, if you are wondering, “Am I ruining my relationship”? Take this quiz to find out.
1. Is it possible that you are not putting in as much effort and commitment as your partner is?
A. I think we put in the same amount of effort
B. I think I put more effort in, but my partner does not
C. I think my partner might put more effort in
2. How do you talk to your friends and family about your partner?
A. I share the positives and negatives
B. I don’t say anything to them about my partner
C. I usually only talk about the things that bother me about my partner
3. Do you tend to keep yourself busy with other things to avoid difficult conversations with your partner?
A. No, I think difficult conversations could be very productive
B. Yes, I never know how to have those difficult conversations
C. No, but difficult conversations always seem to end up in a fight
4. Do you believe you have a solid foundation of trust in your relationship?
A. Yes, I think we do
B. I am not sure, I think so
C. My partner claims they can’t trust me, but I don’t understand why
5. Are you and your partner affectionate with each other and open with sharing your feelings?
A. Yes, we are
B. Affection, yes, but sharing our true feelings needs work I think
C. Sometimes, I just have a hard time discussing my feelings or being overly affectionate. That just isn’t me
6. How do you feel about the time you and your partner spend together?
A. I think we have a good balance of alone time and together time
B. I think we should spend more quality time together
C. I think we spend enough time together but my partner doesn’t
7. Do you disregard your own wants or needs to appease your partner or avoid an argument?
8. Do you feel like your partner is too controlling or do they accuse you of being too controlling?
A. No, I don’t think so
B. My partner thinks I am a bit controlling, but I don’t agree
C. I think we both have our moments
9. Do you tend to blame your partner for everything that is going wrong in your relationship?
A. I don’t think so
B. Yes, I do have a habit of doing that because I get defensive
C. No, I usually just avoid it
10. Does your partner accuse you often?
B. My partner has said I can’t ever see their side and always play the victim
C. They say I don’t show that I care about them or am attracted to them enough, even though I am