1. Do you feel your children deserve to be heard?
D. It depends
2. Do you worry more about your parenting or other things in your life, such as work, paying bills, etc.?
C. Mostly parenting, but not always
D. Mostly other responsibilities
3. rnDo you believe in physical discipline?
B. The majority of the time, no
C. No, never
D. It depends
4. Do you encourage your children to talk about their feelings?
A. No, not really
C. Yes, always
D. No, never
5. Would you allow your children to drink with their friends when they are older but still underage?
A. No, never
B. I don’t think so
D. Yes, I don’t care about that
6. Do you always need to know where your children are going and who they are going with?
C. It depends
7. Do you feel like you are a strict parent?
C. Not really
D. No, not at all
8. If your child questioned one of your rules, how would you respond?
A. “Because I said so”
B. Explain the reasoning for the rule
C. It depends what it is, but I might be more lenient after I hear them out
D. I don’t know, I am not really that strict
9. Do you feel like your children should be obedient all the time, or do you adopt more of a “kids will be kids” type of attitude?
A. They should always be obedient
B. Mostly obedient
C. Kids will be kids
D. I think children should have more freedom
10. What method would you use if your child disobeyed one of your rules?
B. Forgiving and supportive
C. Talk about it instead of discipline