1. What do you think children need more: rewards for good behavior or punishment for bad?
B. Both are important
C. It depends on the situation
D. I don't know
2. Your child has a lot of homework this week, and you’re not sure if they can get it all done. What do you do?
A. Make sure they finish everything, even if they have to stay up all night
B. Tell them to do their homework and give them chores as well
C. Help them but understand that they might not finish in time
D. Call the teachers and ask for a deadline extension
3. Your teenager wants to throw a party at your house. What do you say?
A. Absolutely not
B. Maybe, maybe not, we'll see...
C. Yes, but we need to establish some rules
D. Sure, I don't care
4. What is your child’s schedule like?
A. Busy, busy, busy...
B. Depends on what time of the year it is
C. Not too busy, just school and playdates
D. Very lax
5. How involved should a mother be with her child who is in college?
A. Very involved
B. Somewhat involved
C. Not very involved
D. Not involved at all
6. Your child has come home with bad grades. What do you do?
A. Ground them
B. Say it's okay but hire a tutor
C. Encourage them to do better by offering an incentive
7. Your teenage daughter wants to go to a concert with her friends. What do you do?
A. Allow her to go but only if you can go with them as a chaperone
B. Allow her to go but then not allow her the night before
C. Call her friends' parents to consult them
D. Let her go
8. Would you ever let your young child travel alone?
A. No, of course not!
B. No, I don't think so
C. Yes, only after I've traveled with them a few times first
D. Yes, definitely
9. You made dinner for the family, but your child refuses to eat their vegetables. What do you do?
A. Force feed them their vegetables
B. Let it go, but make a vegetable-based dinner the next day
C. Calmly tell them to eat a few vegetables, then let them leave the table
D. Nothing, they can do whatever they want
10. Your child wants to play with you, but you’re busy. What do you do?
A. Tell them to ask someone else to play because you have to work
B. Tell them to play by themselves, but then feel bad and go play with them
C. Save work for later and go play with them
D. Shoo them away