Breakups are never easy, but things can be even more difficult when you are unsure who was responsible for the end of the relationship. While you may believe that you did all you could to make your romance go the distance, your ex may think otherwise.Was your ex the real problem in your relationship, or are you the one who is really to blame for the flame fizzling out? If you’re having trouble deciding who is truly guilty, take this Was Your Breakup Your Fault Quiz to find out if the breakup was your fault.
1. Did you make your partner a priority in your life?
A. Yes, I think I did
B. No, I made some mistakes
C. I never really thought about it
2. What word would best describe you in your past relationship?
3. How often did you start arguments with your ex?
A. Often, but they were always my partner’s fault
B. I was never the one starting arguments
C. It was pretty equal
4. Who would you say was the more controlling one in the relationship?
A. I was more controlling
B. We were both controlling
C. My ex was more controlling
5. What did your ex’s friends think about you?
A. We all got along great
B. They hated me
C. I don’t know, and I don’t care what they thought
6. Do you think you were the best partner you could have possibly been?
A. No, I could have been much better
B. I don’t know
C. Yes, I was perfect in every way
7. Who would you say is responsible for the breakup?
A. My ex is to blame
B. I’m to blame
C. We are both at fault
8. Have you ever given your ex any reason not to trust you?
A. Yes, I have broken their trust many times
B. I don’t remember
C. No, I have never been untrustworthy towards my ex
9. If someone was being flirty with you while you were in a relationship, how do you react?
A. Tell them you are taken and immediately stop any flirting
B. I may be flirty but would never cross any boundaries
C. I would flirt, and if things went farther, I can’t help it
10. If your partner wanted to spend time with you, but you wanted to go out and party with friends instead, what would you do?
A. I would choose a night out partying
B. I would choose to spend more time with my partner
C. I would hang out with my partner for a little bit before making up some excuse to go out